Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 11:36:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AUSTRALIA where men are still MEN!  (Read 1380 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: October 12, 2009, 02:44:07 AM »

First up we have the bloke that fired a nail gun into a mates skull by (accident) aka negligent discharge. He was passing it to him. It went the full 2.5 inches into his skull. No problem, the bloke that shot him grabbed the claw hammer and pulled it out! The victim was in hospital doing fine last time I checked.

Then today a 15 year old bloke was bitten by a brown snake, they kill people. Bad snakes to mess with. He killed the snake, wrapped the bite on his ankle with a bandage, rode his bike home and called an ambulance.

Both big no nos in first aid terms, but nice to see some toughness for a change! The kid probably had no choice, but letting someone remove a 2.5 inch nail from your head with a claw hammer is special.
lakeman
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »

First up we have the bloke that fired a nail gun into a mates skull by (accident) aka negligent discharge. He was passing it to him. It went the full 2.5 inches into his skull. No problem, the bloke that shot him grabbed the claw hammer and pulled it out! The victim was in hospital doing fine last time I checked.

Then today a 15 year old bloke was bitten by a brown snake, they kill people. Bad snakes to mess with. He killed the snake, wrapped the bite on his ankle with a bandage, rode his bike home and called an ambulance.

Both big no nos in first aid terms, but nice to see some toughness for a change! The kid probably had no choice, but letting someone remove a 2.5 inch nail from your head with a claw hammer is special.

Yes, that hurts me just reading about it. Reminds me of an 86 year old uncle of mine that got his foot caught in a cornpicker, cut his foot off with his pocket knife to get free, crawled across the field to the roadside, and waved down a motorist passing in a vehicle (this happened about 45 years ago).

I am my own biggest critic!
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:20 AM »

Here in Colorado we have tough guys too!!   We are far and few inbetween. lol  Heres a article of a man who had to cut off his arm to go find help. And the other stories make me look like a wimp.

http://hike.mountainzone.com/2003/news/html/030502_amputate-arm.html

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:30:39 AM »

Pfft!  That is nothing....

I once got papercuts across 2 fingers!  Two fingers!!!  Being a manly man, I stuffed my other fist in my mouth to stifle the screams of pain, and dragged myself over to the coffee station where there are medical supplies and used only ONE bandaid per finger! 

While I was there I also grabbed some smelling salts to revive my co-workers who had passed out from the horror of the gruesome situation.

...AND I only took the rest of the day off to recuperate from my wounds.

cool

Rick
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »

HAHAHAHA lau lau

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

If you blokes keep that up, your Gov might ban the nail guns too. I wonder how many "Manly" Aussies are willing to go back to swinging hammers  Wink
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »

I used to swing a hammer 8 hours a day....Now tho, I'll be darned if I'm gonna use a real screwdriver anymore!
Money made me weak!(hmmm...So did age too, I suppose!)

your friend,
john

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:43:38 PM »

i remember the story about the hiker that cut off his arm.  that was quite a story.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

a man who had to cut off his arm to go find help.

The big wuss.... why he have to go for help?  Heck - a real man woulda just carried on.  evil

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »

I hear all the tales of "the good old days".  I was listening to a group of old blokes talking one day about the larrikin things they got up to in their youth.  "We never got up to any trouble, we just did it for devilment."  "No-one ever got hurt, not like they do today".  One of those fellows has one arm (throwing sawdust in a sawmill), two of them have one eye (one was playing with a shanghai), and the last one had had a few nasty broken bones (probably tomfoolery on horseback). 
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 03:17:14 AM »

ROFL!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next