Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 11:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allegedly throws daughter off Bridge?  (Read 2496 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484828,00.html

How did he allegedly throw his daughter off the bridge? Numerous witnesses saw the girl thrown from the bridge and land many saw the paramedics working on the girl although she later died.
Why not say this guy threw his daughter to her death. Why say allegedly like we might not be sure it was him maybe it was some other monster not this monster.
Some days the media makes me want to puke

Keith
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »

They likely reported it as allegedly because they (the newspaper) never saw the event happen personally, as to keep their butts out of a lawsuit if in fact the information reported is off somehow.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »

Remember you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If the papers report it any other way the defense attorneys can say stuff like "not able to get fair trial" junk like that.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 01:50:02 PM »

Remember you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If the papers report it any other way the defense attorneys can say stuff like "not able to get fair trial" junk like that.

Everyone gets it wrong. "You are innocent, UNLESS AND UNTIL, proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt."

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:06:45 PM »

Picking nits again are we?  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »

Picking nits again are we?  grin

Now Jerry, we all know you are president Of the Nit Pickers Society. evil

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

That's at least better than when there is some agenda behind the reporting. Like...

"SUV kills family of three"

"Hand gun blamed on accidental shooting"

"Alcohol blamed for multi-car crash Killing two"

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »

Never let your bottle drive  shocked

Jerry

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »

Here is a news network willing to call it the way it is.  grin

Dad Throws Daughter (4) Over Bridge
Belfast Telegraph, 2009-01-29
A FATHER threw his four-year-old daughter to her death from a 200- foot bridge today after a custody battle with his estranged wife.
Arthur Freeman, 36, was arrested an hour later in the Australian city of Melbourne with his two other children, boys of six and eight, who were unhurt.

He was charged with the murder of Darcey Freeman, but did not appear in court because police said he was psychologically unfit.

Police said Freeman was involved in a custody battle and had appeared in a family court on Tuesday and yesterday.

The two other children had been in Freeman's car when he pulled over on the West Gate Bridge in morning rush-hour traffic and dropped the girl into the Yarra River, said Detective Inspector Steve Clark.

Stunned witnesses called police, who were able to pull the girl from the river within 10 minutes of receiving the alert. She was barely alive, with multiple internal injuries.

She was taken by helicopter to hospital, where she died about four hours after the fall.

"It's a dreadful set of circumstances," Supt Clark said.

"Often you think you've seen it all but you haven't."

About an hour later, Freeman was arrested with the two surviving children outside the family court, where witnesses described him as visibly distressed, Supt Clark said.

The incident happened about 9am on the bridge, an eight-lane road that is the main route from Melbourne to the west.

A court official said the custody hearing over the children had ended yesterday without a ruling because the parents had agreed to share access.

(c) 2009 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

A service of YellowBrix, Inc.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 04:04:21 PM »

That is so heartbreaking.  How DO you deal with a person so obviously guilty but so obviously out of his mind?

No sane father who doesn't  beat and torture his kids could do something like this.  I almost cry reading stories like this, thinking about my own 5 beautiful munchkins, and can't even fathom having any desire to live after doing something so obviously evil to your own flesh-and-blood!

The guilty hell that this man will have to live through for the rest of his earthly life will more than punish him for what he did.  (No, I don't advocate letting him go free) And if not, then yes, may he rot and die in prison.  Cry

Just my $.02 as a dad.

Rick
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:02:56 AM »

OK, well sadly this happened in my town.

The media here says "allegedly" before everything. They think they will get sued if they dont, or a lawyer will use it as a defence. Rubbish I know, but thats the way it is.

The Westgate Bridge was built inthe 70s, collapsed once when under construction and killed 45 men. Since then, depending on who you listen to, between 1 and 3 people jump off it every week to die. death is instant, no one has lived. It has a rail fence, say 1.3 meters high like you would expect on any normal bridge. The bridge is closed to pedestrians. Pressure has been on govt for some time to erect anti suicide fence.

The girl was thrown from the bridge, 50 metres to her death. She would have died instantly. She was found 15 minutes later, dead. She was only "alive" as far as the airbag and cpr were moving things.

The father, white, middleclass, working, would have thrown the other two children off the bridge if not seen. The bridge has surveilance cameras, but nothing has been said about these. he was going to toss all three off "If I cant have them, you cant" mentality.

It will evolve as a custody matter. He was already in the family court deciding over such matters. He was arrested outside the Family Court, where he was due to appear that day. You can only imagine how he was planning to get off on the look of his wifes face when he told the court he no longer had the children.

Make no mistake, a cold blooded horrific murder of the worse kind imaginable. That poor girl, imagining what went through her head makes me cry. Her poor siblings, ruined for life.

As for the murderer, if he spends one day in jail, in contact with ANY other prisoner, he will be killed in a flash and we ALL wish that would happen. He will most likely be locked away with other child murderers though.

If he has a smart lawyer, plays the insane game, he might get life, meaning Id say 20 years in this case. He could also get a genuine "life" sentence although this is rare for killing one person.

Last year, remember the animal here that drowned his 3 children by driving his car into a dam and claiming a blackout he got life. But that was because it was 3 lives. So this latest scum can claim "life without parole" would be unjust.

a jury will not buy insanity, I can assure you of that.

Unfortunately, the media here has commented and shown things that it should not have and is in contempt. His lawyer could argue that he cannot get a fair trial because of it. The media got into his house and took pics of notes and things, published them, so there is a REAL chance he might not be tried. or be deemed unfit to plead, insane asylum for the rest of his life.

I think he wil get 20 years, suicide in jail first chance he gets.

I am sorry to have to bring you this news. Everyone here is naturally appalled. Shocked and so angry. We all want to kill him, even lil old ladies.

You can google for local reports on the state and circumstances, both physical and psychological of the two other children in the 4wd, however I would advise you not to. It will only make you sick.

God help them both and their poor mother.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:16:51 AM by mick » Logged
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:09:36 AM »

This cockroach was committed to stand trial in the Supreme court today.

The court heard from witnesses to the act and the scums attitude before and after. He showed no emotion it was said, "like he was throwing a sack of rubbish off the bridge" remember, we are talking about his 4 year old daughter that he thew off a bridge 100 metres above a river.

One of the two brothers/sons in the car aged 7 was reported in court to have asked his father to go back to get Darcey because she could not swim.

If that doesnt break your heart, nothing will.

If there is a God, he will keep this thing alive long enough to go to prison. At present he is on remand in a secure prison worse luck. Once in the slammer, even in supermax, I know blokes are currently planning his demise, Gos speed to them.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:19:34 AM »

The only reason to not give this guy the death penalty is that the same fate hopefully awaits him in prison.  Even hardened prisoners don't take too kindly to creeps like this who hurt innocent children, if your prisons are anything like those around here he won't last long in there.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:25:16 AM »

What I'd like to see:

Hold the Trial on the Bridge, when Guilty as Charged by the Jury of his Peers, walk the Dirtbag to the middle of the Bridge and throw him over the Railing , have the Undertaker meet him at the bottom.  evil
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:52 AM »

"Dad we have to go back to get Darcey! She cant swim!"

I can hear that in my head all day, hard not to, the press has gone crazy.

Right now, I wish I had terminal cancer, work out what crime gets me in with him, and Im a happy man, build a *(&% statue in my name.

I better go and get a check up, I might get lucky.

He will plead all sorts of rubbish. I trust our Jury system, hes gunna break the recent 60 minute record for a Murder trial decision.
I know what Supreme Court Judge I want, theres a couple that are young and hard in these circumstances and already making good decisions. Our lesser courts need to catch up.

For crimes such as this, Judges here now need to set a non parole period or state life with no parole. Die in Jail yee ha! They say "...you are sentenced to life imprisonment, with no minimum term. remove the prisoner". That solves all the legal doo dah now current. Until this recent change, all the old murderers were getting released as some clown decided that they all should have been given min and max terms.

I doubt his trial will be held until about march next year. Gunna be hard to stop him from hanging himself or cutting his wrists, will be everyman and his dog throwing rope and razors at him!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next