Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Frame assembly  (Read 168 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Frame assembly
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »
Ok, What do others use for staples when assembling frames? I have been using 1.5" staples for frames. When I can get them to stay in the wood they are fine but I actually had a bottom board that The staples went out both sides of the end bar. I was perfectly centered and I still missed. If that isn't bad enough I stapled the side to the end of the top bar and it came out the top and gave me a snake bite in the hand. I didn't realize I had the angle that steep but it happens quite often. I should at least use shorter staples for those but then I have to change staples and that gets obnoxious.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Colobee

• House Bee
Re: Frame assembly
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
It's been so long since I assembled a wooden frame - at first with hammer & nails, and then the staple gun - with the same issues. They are great when the staple strikes true. 'Not so much when they don't.

Good luck!
The bees usually fix my mistakes

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Frame assembly
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
Generally for frames I use 1".  For boxes I use 1 1/2" (if my gun would take longer I would use those).  I always have some 1 1/4" around for nailing a one by into a one by without it sticking out the other side.  I have some 5/8" for putting screens on etc.
Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen

anything