Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 06:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stupid, stupid mistake  (Read 4452 times)
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »

Glad your O K. I would take a honey bee sting any day over yellow jacket or hornets.
Remember, honey bees can sting only once per bee. Yellow jackets and most others can go as many times as they want. huh huh huh :)doak
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 10:41:53 PM »

WOW what a story!! Glad you are ok  ninja

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

Kathy - sorry to hear that you went through such pain, and am happy that you are now better.  Good to keep that epi pen close, but a trip to the ER sounds better than sitting in doubt and wonder on the couch.

If you don't mind - please PM me on Blackberry maintenance - as I started a patch last fall and haven't done anythink with it so far.

Again - wishing for a full and speedy recovery for you.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »

Man, I would certainly wonder if this was the year of the wasp/hornet/bald faced hornet.  Amongst the dead paper wasps in the wasp traps were about half as many bald faced hornets.  These are massively enormous insects, I know most of us know what these look like, but they are probably at least three times the size of the paper wasp.  They are uglieeee and I can't stand them.  Had too many experiences with angry bald faced hornets, when clearing bush. And man, when they are mad they are mad and they make a beeline straight for you.  I remember Ken one time saw one coming at him, and before he knew it, it blasted him right in the chest, where his shirt was open.  They are the worst and I don't think the honeybees would have had a chance to ward those off from coming into the colonies, so glad that I had the traps out.  The traps are still out, the wasps are still out, we have had a couple of light frosts, and it hasn't killed them yet.  Just waiting for that killing frost that I know for surely will come the end of this month.  Beautiful days, to love and live and enjoy, with awesome health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

it was certainly a learning experience.

besides the obvious, i learned:

1.  having a conversation with yourself about how fast you can safely drive the tractor over rough ground is no substitute for bailing and running.

2. this old lady can still do a fast 50 yard dash

3.  50 yards is not far enough

4.  civilian life has not degraded my marine corps vocabulary. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Lone
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

You didn't learn to let your husband mow the lawn???  Now, that was the first stupid mistake  Wink
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »

it was certainly a learning experience.

besides the obvious, i learned:

1.  having a conversation with yourself about how fast you can safely drive the tractor over rough ground is no substitute for bailing and running.

Good one kathy golly ge that hurt grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »

I glad you are ok Kathy

But the next time you mow  down your blackberry
 PLEASE WEAR YOUR BEESUIT or wait until there snow on the ground

Johnny
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »

Normally, I would say gasoline and a match, or perhaps my favorite weed burner would be required to eliminate the nest.  However, in this instance, to both eliminate the nest, and gain badly needed stress relief, I recommend one pound of FF black powder and a length of cannon fuse.  After all, there are very few personal problems that can't be solved with the appropriate use of high explosives....  evil
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 10:27:35 AM »

Oh Kathy, you make that great smile come to my face and that inside laughing.  Since seeing those pictures of you and the horse the other day, your braided pony tail flyin' in the wind, boots whipping mud all over the place -- I have a much better idea of what this gal is capable of....and I can bet you really can still run that 50 yard dash, cursing and a'swearin' like a mad demon.....good for you, good on you, you go girl!!!  Keep on always being you, smiling.  Have that great and most awesomely wonderful day, love life, great health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
BarneyG
New Bee

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

must be a ture blond ! to some thing like that stupid stupid stupid stupid

Barney
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »

close....red head gone gray.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »

must be a ture blond ! to some thing like that stupid stupid stupid stupid

You're messin' with the wrong woman, rest assured.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:07 PM »

That aint no lie, is it JP!!
your friend,
john

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »

Jp and you johnnybigfish I guess we can just sitback and watch the spark's fly as Kathy scrapes the meat off his bones with a dull knife grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »

Hee, hee, we all know you don't with that KathyP, look at the signature of what she said about the dull knife below JP's post, that should scare the livin' dickins out of ya!!!  Big smiles.  Have that great and most incredibly wonderful day, health.  Cindi

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »

be nice to BarneyG  grin  we don't agree on much, but on this he's right.

Alexis de Tocqueville
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »

Hey Kathy!

If you would like, I could give you a few more ideas on torture, I mean interrogation, to supplement the dull knife routine.  As a warrior, I am privey to quite of few interesting means of torture, I mean, interrogation.  We would torture captives to see how much pain they could stand, to determine their strength...  If they withstood for a long period of time, it meant they were strong and powerful, which meant we were even stronger and more powerful because we subdued and captured them.  Many native nations gauged their strength thusly. evil
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »

to gain the privilege of being a warrior didn't they have to go though some tourtures...ummm, trials first?  smiley   i have always felt that it was pretty safe moral ground to use the techniques of the enemy on them.  no more, and certainly no less.  if they were well trained they should have been trained to withstand that threshold of treatment.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 03:23:57 AM »

they say god made everything with a purpose, he must have made yellow jackets so we could enjoy destroying something; I can't imagine those horrid creatures having a purpose otherwise.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next