Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 04:08:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actor Patrick Swayze dies at 57  (Read 1580 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: September 14, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »

I liked a bunch of his movies, I didn't relies he was in that bad of shape, My wife will miss him because she was a huge fan...  

is it just me or does it seem like a bunch here lately passing away are people that I watched for year's. I must be getting older but never be as old as Ken  tongue  evil
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:18:20 PM by TwT » Logged

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:01:07 AM »

Didn't he get in a real bad accident and break his neck once.  Maybe his death had something to do with injury's. 

My step dad is 78 and reads the obituaries and says it really makes him feel old to see so many people younger than him die every day. 

Every day you wake up your lucky, having bees is a bonus!!

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:02:24 AM »

I am reliably informed that he was a nice bloke.

Way too young.

Should be a reminder to those over 40 to bend over next time they are at the doctors. I have a lady doctor, when the time comes for her to insert the finger, I will VIDEO TAPE IT!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:46:59 AM »

He died of pancreatic cancer, I doubt the accident had anything to do with it.  Way too young.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:07 AM »

He died of pancreatic cancer, I doubt the accident had anything to do with it.  Way too young.

Yes, way too young indeed. He was diagnosed back in March of 2008.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:40:58 AM »

My Dad worked with him on a movie, can't remember the movie off hand. He said he was a terrific person, as Mick said, a very nice bloke. In the few interviews I've seen of him, it was clear he was a good man.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »

Who can forget "Red Dawn"?

One of my favorites.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

Red Dawn was indeed a classic of sorts - todays generation couldn't understand the concept, but us (even young in the days of "The Bay of Pigs") surely could see something like this happening, at least the opening scenes at the school.

He faught this cancer for 20 months since diagnosed, stubborn and dilagent indeed - good for him for braving it out, he insired many people who saw the special on him many months back, to have made it THIS ling - concidaring he had already exceeded the common 6 month prognosis.

Last thought and it is so true...

The OLDER we get, the YOUNGER people die! There is a point in everyone's life when they become OLDER than their doctor - mine, who I have had 6 years now is 37 years old, 14 years younger than me and the first that I was older than. I am of the mindset though, younger in Dr. terms is often better, they are taught the latest studies and practices, where older (even OLD) doctors may have not had a refresher course in 30 years. I'll gladly take someone my junior when it comes to medicine.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »

It's true, John.  I think anyone who dies before 85 is too young.  I'm struck lately at how young those people are with little kids - then I realize they aren't so young, I'm just getting older. 

But I always say, I may get older but I'll never grow up!  Patrick Swayze had a great attitude, he lived until he died, he never gave up.  Good for him.  He sounds like he was a great guy, I wish I knew him personally.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:30:43 AM »

A girl I did not know at my work was found dead in her bed last week by her mother, she was 26 and had been working with us for 12 months.  She had devoted much of her spare time to helping her single mother look after her disabled sister. So bloody sad. I believe the lass at work had an illness nothing that was considered bad enough to kill her, so it was a shock and a terrible thing for a mother to go through.

I found it interesting that work got the psychs in for her work mates, a good thing no doubt. It wouldnt have done any harm and to be honest after consideration I was impressed.

Now they passed the hat around to help pay for the funeral. The company matched what the workers put in, a total of $5,700.00 was raised. For the size of the workforce on this site, it is a stunning result. Of course you cant judge charity in dollar terms, but thats the most impressive whip around ive ever seen. Usually a hundred bucks is raised for some flowers. ( I know off the record that other things are happening at work to help the family).

Not all Cancers are the same, but Prostate Cancer if caught early can be cured 100% but blokes are dropping like flies here from it coz we dont go to the doctor unless we need a certificate for work or cant stop the bleeding! . So just go to the doctor and bend over will ya! You expect your better halves to get checked for breast cancer regularly dontcha? Prostate Cancer is the male equivalent, but we certainly got the wrong end of the stick on this one. shocked
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »

Mick it is so true:

It gets down to people's own comfortabilty level with a doctor sometimes, you should never be shy to have simple tests like digital exams done as an early detection, it could save your life. I'm getting ready for my second colonoscopy very soon, the one lesson the the prep work teaches you is to draw a circle 10 feet from the toilet and never cross that line if you hope to make it for 24 hours as they clean your system, often here with Fleet Phophosoda, which sucks ever liquid in your body and drives it to your colon cause a cleaning so well after the second does that Kenny G could play you like a saprano sax. Lordy that stuff makes you feel like a volcano ready to erupt, often when least expecting it - so my word of advice, always expect it! Oh and in the words of Jack Nicolson in The Bucket list "Never trust a fart!"

I woke up with 3ft of camera still inside me (not a personal record, but we were all young and stupid once - just kidding by the way) , so I woke up and was asked if I wanted to go back under and said NO WAY, I WANT TO WATCH. Everything was fine, but now at 51 it is time to do it again. I guess the only really embarressing part is that they want to hear you fart like a buffalo before the will let you go - that's to get all the nitrogen gas out that they pump you full of as they insert the camera.

Yep, as we get older, the tests are never more fun and I imagine more embarrassing, I take comfort in the fact that this is probably the millionth rear end those people have seen and surely the only one not comfortable is us.

If Johnnybigfish can put his hernia pics on youtube, I think I should be able to put my "before and after photos" of my colonoscopy there too - lol. Seems only fair. I think I'll name it "FULL MOON over Manchester"  tongue

Men and Women, do what you are supposed to do and when you are suppose to do it - it can and likely will save your life. No matter what bad news life dishes out, it is always better to know than to live in the dark.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »

I've got colonoscopy #3 coming up soon (I should make the appointment but have to pay off my inpatient co-pay first - the colonoscopy has a $250 co-pay  rolleyes).  I go every five years for that, and every six months for mammograms.  If it keeps me healthy and I don't die at 65 like my father from colon cancer it's a small price to pay.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:47 AM »

I've got colonoscopy #3 coming up soon (I should make the appointment but have to pay off my inpatient co-pay first - the colonoscopy has a $250 co-pay  rolleyes).  I go every five years for that, and every six months for mammograms.  If it keeps me healthy and I don't die at 65 like my father from colon cancer it's a small price to pay.

Thats no good, they are free here.

Well Boss, you have had your video camera in some strange places before, so up your. Arsree that you are an expert in this procedure. I eat psyllium daily, well I mis a few tablespoons with water, each day, works that colon good.

Get some from the supermarket, cost you about 5 bucks for a pound. Mix a few teaspoons in a large glass of water and let it stand overnight. Go look at it the next morning and you will see what is does for you. Its the raw ingredient of metamucil and other such things.

Ta take, start off with a few teaspoons in a warm glass of water. Theres a trick to mixing it, not mixed enough, its like trying to get down flower, too mixed and you will have clag, so stir quickly, create a vortex, reverse it and down the hatch. have another glass of plain water afterwards.

Give it a go, you will feel less hungry, lose a heap of weight and feel a lot better. 1 week and you will think this is a miracle cure for lots of ailments.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:01:37 AM by mick » Logged
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 07:16:38 AM »

Not free. You just pay for it differently. Smiley

As for Mr. Swayze, unlike most of the Hollywood crowd, he married his sweetheart in 1975 and stayed true.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »

does the doctor fairy pay for them?   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next