Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 07:28:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat people, $^*????? Dont read if you are easily offended. That means you PORKY!  (Read 9338 times)
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »

Micky-D's is 100% terrible.  Have you seen the documentary called Super Size It?  The sugar content in the salads is unbelievable and there were only I think 2 items on the menu that did not contain added sugar with one being coffee.  Even the fries have sugar added.

None of the salads I have gotten had any dressing on them. The dressing comes in packets, your choice, and you choose to add it or not.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
tlozo
New Bee

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 10:49:27 AM »

Micky-D's is 100% terrible.  Have you seen the documentary called Super Size It?  The sugar content in the salads is unbelievable and there were only I think 2 items on the menu that did not contain added sugar with one being coffee.  Even the fries have sugar added.

Is it news to anyone that if you eat more than 5,000 calories a day with no exercise for a month you will gain weight? As for Mcdonalds their food is awful, but you can also eat 5,000 calories at vegan restaurants for a month and end up being sick. Most restaurant food is unhealthy. The portions are too large with high sodium and fat content.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »

JP, I love McD's salads, that's what I get there for lunch when I'm on the run.  Grilled chicken and a salad, although I'll bet that chicken isn't as healthy as a properly grilled chicken breast is.  It's better than a greasy cheeseburger and fries!!  And those little chipotle chicken wraps aren't too bad, either, although I'll bet those wraps are full of trans fats Sad

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »

Ha!...you think that food from McDonalds is so bad?

For the last month I've been exclusively eating food purchased at the SuperMarket and grown in a garden, and I'm in TERRIBLE shape!!!  rolleyes

Rick
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »

Of course you can purchase all sorts of bad food at a supermarket - and you can cook things from the garden in an unhealthy way.  You can find healthy food at McDonalds.  It's all in the choices you make - including the decision to not keep yourself fit via exercise.

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

Or to overeat on good foods.  This is my downfall.  I eat really, really good, but I stuff myself and therefore, have gained wt.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »

Speakin of hotdogs......... Smiley
 Nathans are WONDERFUL!!!..They cost a little more, but they taste GRRRREAT!

your friend,
john

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »

Speakin of hotdogs......... Smiley
 Nathans are WONDERFUL!!!..They cost a little more, but they taste GRRRREAT!

your friend,
john

You know what would happen of you ate THOSE for a month straight???  If we already think that you are a bit of a weiner now.... evil   tongue     grin

Rick
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »

John a weiner??  Never. He looks great to me
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 03:48:05 AM »

The evil McDonalds was caught here applying "grill" marks with a roller and some dark coloured gunk.

I hate McDonalds with a passion for many reasons. One is that they sweet talked themselves into the Royal Childrens Hospital here. They say that having that poison is something for the lil sick and dieing kids to take their mind off things, make them feel better, give them something to look forward to if they can crawl down the corridor wagging their drips behind them to the in house store. The fools that supported it say it will do no harm. The evil empire donated money of course, as much as they could stuff into suitcases, promised royalties, promised anything such was their intent on getting to the minds of sick kids. The silent majority knows this, the idiots who are always louder are the type that lives off the rubbish as it is. They were already smuggling the slop in anyway.

I know for a fact that it is nothing more than pure evil. Psychological marketing designed to entrap these kids, if they live, for the rest of their lives. For evermore, they will associate that crap with feeling good, or more correctly, feeling better than in a hospital bed. So it is to this junk they will turn when they are feeling down, sick, lonely, stressed you name it. The poor fools wouldnt even realise what they were doing or why.

I think I have to start why I hate the golden arches post on the weekend.

I cant resist this tho.

Breast fillet cooked at home? whats in that? stick in in the oven skin on, skin up Umm 100% chicken.

McDonalds Chicken Breast Fillet, from their own website, take a deep breath, wait for it..............

CHICKEN BREAST FILLET: Chicken, Water, Wheat Flour, Breadcrumb [Wheat Flour, Yeast, Improver {Mineral
Salts (510, 170), Ascorbic Acid (300), Acidity Regulator (263)}, Enzyme (Amylase)], Vegetable Oils and Animal Fats
[Canola, Palmolein and Beef Tallow], Modified Starch (1422), Salt, Yeast Extracts, Flavours, Wheat Gluten, Egg
Powder, Mineral Salts (451, 450, 452, 500), Anticaking Agents (551), Rice Starch, Soy Protein, Maltodextrin, Whey
Protein, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein (Soy), Vegetable Powders, Spices, Spice Extracts (100,160c)

What can I say? Id doesnt go into whats in vegetable powders, so what the hell is that? Whats Flavours? Might be a secret recipe but could be any sort of addictive chemical.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:20:32 AM by mick » Logged
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »

That the coated chicken breast.  Here's the grilled breast filet info:

Grilled Chicken Breast Filet
Chicken breast filets with rib meat, water, seasoning (salt, sugar, food starch-modified, maltodextrin, spices, dextrose, autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed [corn gluten, soy, wheat gluten] proteins, garlic powder, paprika, chicken fat, chicken broth, natural flavors (plant and animal source), caramel color, polysorbate 80, xanthan gum, onion powder, extractives of paprika), modified potato starch, and sodium phosphates.

Like I said, not as good as what you can make at home, but it is fast when you're on the run.  As for McDonald's being evil, I don't know about that.  I had this word in my vocabulary when I was raising my children, it was 'No', and they heard it frequently.  If more parents learned the concept there wouldn't be any reason to fear McDonalds.

indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 07:49:16 AM »

So we have this 'Health Fair' at work on Tuesday, and they tell me what I already know: that I could stand to lose a few pounds. I go home, don't have a snack, make a nice dinner, limit my portions and don't have any seconds.

Then my daughter comes home from work ... at the Amish bakery  ...  with unsold doughnuts and an apple pie.

I'm doomed.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »

i think living in the PNW adds about 5 lbs of water weight.  it must be absorbed through the skin.  as soon as i went south, i dropped weight.....wonder what i could do with a couple of weeks down there? 

only problem is, now the wrinkles really show up sad

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »

Thanks Annette!
I owe you one!

your friend.
john

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 04:22:19 AM »

That the coated chicken breast.  Here's the grilled breast filet info:

Grilled Chicken Breast Filet
Chicken breast filets with rib meat, water, seasoning (salt, sugar, food starch-modified, maltodextrin, spices, dextrose, autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed [corn gluten, soy, wheat gluten] proteins, garlic powder, paprika, chicken fat, chicken broth, natural flavors (plant and animal source), caramel color, polysorbate 80, xanthan gum, onion powder, extractives of paprika), modified potato starch, and sodium phosphates.

Like I said, not as good as what you can make at home, but it is fast when you're on the run.  As for McDonald's being evil, I don't know about that.  I had this word in my vocabulary when I was raising my children, it was 'No', and they heard it frequently.  If more parents learned the concept there wouldn't be any reason to fear McDonalds.

Oh yes, thats much better! Chicken breast fillets with rib meat, is the rib meat on the side, or do they mean they grind everything up and put it back together? McD relies on portion control, you cant grow chooks with uniform breasts unless you hook em up to a drip. I now suspect that their chicken is processed, not like a chicken fillet that we buy. I see it has "proteins" and chicken fat, how the hell do you get broth in it? is it boiled? Oh caramel colour, thats good too, I wonder what that is made of? Modified potato starch? dont they make plates out of that now? geeze, I reckon yours is worse than ours. Natural flavours from plant and animal source? you gotta be kidding. Your site doesnt list known additives by a searchable number like ours does, so they must be hiding more.

Its all poison. Go to the greasy joes instead and help small business and your health.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2009, 07:08:41 AM »

... how the hell do you get broth in it?
"Broth" is just a fancy word for salt water. Much of the chicken sold in stores here in the States is soaked in salt brine so that it looks plump and juicy in the package. A chicken breast saturated with salt water will weigh more than just a plain chicken breast, and we pay by the pound...
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »

caramel colour, thats good too, I wonder what that is made of? Modified potato starch? dont they make plates out of that now? geeze, I reckon yours is worse than ours. Natural flavours from plant and animal source? you gotta be kidding. Your site doesnt list known additives by a searchable number like ours does, so they must be hiding more.

Its all poison. Go to the greasy joes instead and help small business and your health.

Um, don't mind me, but I'm guessing that they marinate the chicken breast and that all adds flavor, rather then dumping a dry lump of chicken on the salad/sandwich.  Looking at my ranch salad dressing bottle, it has some of those similar ingredients.  If it touches the food they gotta list it, especially after the vegetarian debacle they had when they didn't mention the little bit of beef broth that they use to flavor their fries.

Greasy joes uses the same ingredients.

Rick
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »

Yea, it's marinated.  Nowhere here did I claim it was all good for you, but in a pinch when you want fast food the salad with grilled chicken is the healthiest of what you'll find at McD's.  Big Ag is all over that ingredient list, every molecule of corn has to be used somehow.....

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

Its been a few years now that our local grocery stores are stocking better, healthier foods, but you do pay more for the stuff that's better for you with less junk in it, go figure.

Not that I am a proponent of any fast food restaurant, but I do see some better alternatives being offered other than the burger/fry combo meal. I don't go to fast food restaurants anymore but if I do, I would like to think there is something there halfway edible/healthy.

Not that triple greasy cheeseburgers aren't edible, they are, quite edible in fact, that's what got me in trouble in the first place, not blaming them, of course, because it was my choice to eat a high fat diet.

Anyone care to talk about Factory Farming? Now there's a most wonderful topic that will get the blood boiling. Perhaps I'll start a new thread about the subject. Wink

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

Oh, JP, you mean the only way we can possibly feed the world?  rolleyes  Yea, start another thread, because our food supply is a topic near and dear to my heart 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next