Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 20, 2014, 03:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat people, $^*????? Dont read if you are easily offended. That means you PORKY!  (Read 9313 times)
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »

I lost 10lbs when I switched to "Diet" Mountain Dew. 

The pounds come and go....then come back again. 

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

I lost 35 pounds when I switched to light beer grin Well I did change my eating habit a bit Smiley

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

The 154 lb. hulk here.
        I am losing weight in a big way. Breakfast gets put off until I have read Micks latest posting and the replies. By the time I get through them my ribs are that sore from laughing I dont feel like eating.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

I have had great luck with red meat and liquor.  I had heard about the low carb diet but never read the book or anything.  I switched from beer to liquor and never ate bread or carbs just meat.  I lost so much weight so quickly my friends thought I was ill.  I have never known a woman to be able to handle the low carb red meat and liquor diet but it really peels of the pounds for men.

At 5'8'' 185 I think I am 10-15 lbs under fighting weight.  Looks like a beer weekend. 

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »

I have had great luck with red meat and liquor.  I had heard about the low carb diet but never read the book or anything.  I switched from beer to liquor and never ate bread or carbs just meat.  I lost so much weight so quickly my friends thought I was ill.  I have never known a woman to be able to handle the low carb red meat and liquor diet but it really peels of the pounds for men.

At 5'8'' 185 I think I am 10-15 lbs under fighting weight.  Looks like a beer weekend. 
Tell me more about this diet grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »

You ever notice about 98 %  of the people you see out walking - jogging - biking or just exercising
really don't need it, all of them look good !

You never see any of them that look like a " caboose on a freight train " exercising.

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

You ever notice about 98 %  of the people you see out walking - jogging - biking or just exercising
really don't need it, all of them look good !

You never see any of them that look like a " caboose on a freight train " exercising.

Bee-Bop
Seriously?  There's some logic in what you posted there?  They 'don't really need it' because they do it!  I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean or argumentative, but come on.  If you exercise, it will show, you will lose weight, be healthier, and look good - it's why we move.  If I didn't do what I do I'd weight a good twenty pounds more, and just not be happy with myself at all.  I eat well, I love food, but I know when to step away from the table, and when to go out for a power walk - or do a good Pilates session.  It's work, but it's worth it!

So that person jogging by, or out bicycling - you have no idea where they've been, how heavy they may have been, or might be without exercise.

And Mason, they've proven that drinking diet soda will actually make you fat - because of the trick that's played on the brain by the artificial sweetener.  Nevermind the fact that it's just not good for you.  Drink regular soda and go for a walk.  Wink

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

Well Mick it's sort of comforting  huh to know that the problem isn't just here in the USA!  These young people are developing old people diseases! Some kids already have high blood pressure, diabetes, plaque on the arteries, joint and heart problems.  They are saying that this is the first generation that most likely won't live as long as their parents.  Very sad and very expensive for all of us treating the problems caused by obesity for a lifetime.  Also look at all they miss in life being ill and unable to do much physically. That does open the pool of jobs up to people able to do physical labor. And when the "big one" comes I will be able to outrun & outmaneuver a large portion of society! evil It will be interesting to see where this leads in the future.  Society in general has put it's head in the sand about this problem and it will have to be addressed fairly soon or we are all going down.
Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »

I found a fun thing to do, go to the local walmart and watch the tubbys fight over the riding carts. I was waiting to get my haircut on day. It was really amazing. I kept thinking If you walked around the store you might loose some weight. you know, I heard things like I'm having a hard time breathing so I need the cart. Or the one that got me was 300 lb momma saying I have bad knees. Do you have to ask why?? Walk alot, eat less, guaranteed to help them out. I think walmart and them stores that give them free riders oughta quit. Makem walk. HEHE forced healh improvements.

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »

Im 250 Lbs of Muscle and Love!!
In the morning I eat raisin Bran..
at lunch, a poptop can of beans, a tin of sardines, a small deal of activia, and a small deal of mandarin oranges or peaches.
 when I get home.....I eat chips, candy,(I just ordered 30 lbs of chocolate candy corn) Ritz, and ice cream...a soda every now and then.....and sometimes I even eat what Janelle makes for supper.
 Work is slow lately...very slow.....then on top of that, I come home and sit on my butt.....And, most the time, I feel like not doing anything...too hot to mow...too hot to fish...Since I quit drinking and smoking I dont wanna sit outside on the deck anymore....
Sooo,..all that said.....I know what makes one fat.....just do what I do and you'll see.
However.......There are some really big guys out there who are BIG....and STRONG!..Watch the strong man competition! if you were to see them in walmart you'd think they were fat!..So, I have to admit,...some people are built big and fat looking because its all muscle underneath the skin!

This is how "REAL MEN" make a lunch!

These were taken summer before last I think...I'm still just as purty...but I'm thinking of getting me a training bra this year!

your friend,
john

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2009, 05:09:06 PM »

Oh yeh......Just so you know....I'm not the guy in walmart...I'm the "Rolly Polly" at united in the candy section!
...( man,...I gott lose a few lbs....again.....)

your friend,
john

beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

John,  I like your BBQ - but mine usually has more greens on it, and fish too.  Nothing like BBQ`d onions, egg plant, green peppers, carrots - topped off with squid, clams, prawns, and just a dab of beef or pork.  Smiley

For the carts - they should post a sign...  ` This cart is reserved for those over 65, or with a broken leg and using crutches - all you tubbies, please walk!`

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »

The fire box on this smoker finally rusted out this year......Bummer, but It was 10 years old!
I'm thinking of making a REAL smoker! a Smokehouse!.I saw plans somewhere where you make the fire in a hole about 20 feet or so away from the smokehouse...then you make the smoke and heat travel via the pipe( 8 to 10 inch I think) to the smokehouse!
I dont eat much red meat anymore, but I still think it would be cool to have a smokehouse...you just have to keep it smoking for a lot longer...I think its called "Cold Smoking"..I think meat smokes for days before its done.
Somebody could sure get hungry waiting for something to eat doing it this way, huh?  grin
your friend,
john

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 03:47:31 AM »

Youre right about that poka, the experts are warning of it here too. All these kids will be diabetics by the time they are 30. I would ban driving kids to school the last mile and Im sure the govt would love the revenue it would raise by fining those who ignored the ban. They are making it illegal to smoke in a car with kids in it, under 12 I think. Bit late, half of em are on the bongs or the fags by that age lol.

Johnny, a fine figure of a man, all muscle there, outside playing the hunter gatherer thing. Nice barbie, looks like you enjoy a bit of a smoke yaself!
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 04:23:37 AM »

Instead of the children caring for there elders, the elders may be caring for the children.  How sad.

I have only one child.  I do not allow her to eat much sugar.  She is only four, will be five in little over a month.  She is not allowed soda, very little candy and such.  I buy her lots of fruit and vegetables for snacks.  She eats grapes, bananas, oranges, mandarin oranges, apples, pears, olives, and on and on.  It is expensive but very worth it I think.  She drinks lots of milk, and juice.  She is growing like a weed and skinny.  She is in the 95 to 100 percentile range for her height and age.  Papa bear is very tall of course.  She does love McDonald's which I hate myself for taking her to, but all in all I think I do a pretty good job. 

I'm not sure what my point is here, but I think we all owe it to our children to raise them healthy.  What they do when they are adults is there choice but we should not lead them down the wrong path.  I have argued many time with my girlfriend about how she raises her other three children.  I tell her that we (parents) are preparing them for life as an adult.  This means you can not just let them be kids while they are kids and expect them to have the tools and experience needed to live responsibly, hold a job, and take care of themselves when the turn 18 like magic.  I learned the hard way though, just to mind my own business.  Like a mama bear and cubs in the woods, mama bear can be unpredictable.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »

Bee-Nuts you are starting good habits that will follow her through life. It really isn't expensive in the long run as good nutrition helps the immune system and usually there are fewer illnesses now and less chance of the other problems later in life. An occasional MD's meal isn't going to hurt as long as it isn't  the main diet!  I was the same with my daughter.  When they get into school it is a little more difficult, they will binge out but will swing back.  She is 22 now and eats very little sugar, fast or prepared foods.  She isn't a fanatic but realizes she doesn't feel as well when she does eat those things.  What most people don't get is everything in MODERATION.  I am appalled at what they serve in the schools, specially middle & high..very frightening if you ask me..and obviously no one has!  shocked They do have some good stuff but the kids have other awful choices & of course go for them instead.Then we have less PE, for some it is the only activity other than texting, gaming or going to the fridge.  Very scary and they wonder why the obesity numbers continue to rise....will be interesting to see what happens to these kids in the next 10-15 years.

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 03:41:51 AM »

I used to eat McDonald's all the time when I was a contractor and on the go all the time.  One day I realized that every time I ate a couple double cheese burgers I felt like crap, had no energy, almost kind of sick.  I think for a long time I just assumed that I just felt crappy some times and never put the two together.  Once I realized this and found that an hour or so after eating the stuff I felt like crap I almost quite eating it for two or three years.  Now I eat there again but like you said in moderation.

There is a documentary about a guy who ate nothing but MC D's for one month.  They studied his health before and then from the beginning to the end of his one month of nothing but MC Donald's and it was absolutely amazing how fast his health deteriorated.

Like cheap hot dogs, I'm sure there burgars are mostly fat with food coloring to disguise it.  Next time anyone buys hot dogs look on the back and see what you are actually eating.  Colored Fat mostly.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »

The 154 lb. hulk here.
        I am losing weight in a big way. Breakfast gets put off until I have read Micks latest posting and the replies. By the time I get through them my ribs are that sore from laughing I dont feel like eating.

Geeze Geoff, I thought you were going to say that I give you the sh... so you didnt need a diet lol.

I love bread, I cant live without it. When I was younger I could eat a loaf a day, toast and sangas, and more bread at tea and more toast for supper. I cant give bread up. I cant give chocolate up either. Alcohol is compulsory, I tend to stay away from spirits, I enjoy drinking, not many swallows in a bottle of spirits.

I have managed to almost entirely give up vegetables. The drought has aided that, can hardly grow a thing nowdays. Most of what you buy is crap. To cut a long story short, an 86 year old potato farmer/producer/processor, the largest in Australia told me recently that all that you buy in the shops is second grade. All the best are exported, turned into chips or processed and sold to the catering trade. Mrs Brown gets rubbish, marked, damaged, too small, too big or have been treated with dust to stop them from sprouting.

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »

Have y'all looked at the menu at Micky-D's lately? Salads and all kinds of other more healthy choices. You don't have to order the triple cheese burger if you don't want to.

Don't forget how society has changed to this fast paced thing. Everyone is on the go, noone has time to cook anything or make a sandwhich, its take out and drive through, but then again, its all about choices.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »

Micky-D's is 100% terrible.  Have you seen the documentary called Super Size It?  The sugar content in the salads is unbelievable and there were only I think 2 items on the menu that did not contain added sugar with one being coffee.  Even the fries have sugar added.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next