Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 06:15:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat people, $^*????? Dont read if you are easily offended. That means you PORKY!  (Read 8702 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: September 08, 2009, 06:47:43 AM »

I cant work it out.

When I went to school there was one fat kid in the class and all his or her family was fat. Thats about 1 in 40 kids. We would now call it genetic or aquired behavioural attachment disability or something. I can live with that. I went to a school the other day, the classes were 15 or 20 kids, half of em were porkers.

Now, all I see is HUGE women with even bigger kids, all married to skinny blokes??. Beautiful faces and no doubt beautiful people, but they are in their 20s and cant sit on a train seat. One babe I see needs the bus to drop its floor fer her and it still drops when she gets on. She has to keep moving to stop being a public pest. Im talkin massive, 35 stone mumma and she is into the donuts before she gets on. Christ, I could get a Government grant the size of Tongas economy to get her off the chips. The kids I refer to are 15 stone, its impossible to be that big so young unless you are in an eating competition every day. These parents should be charged with child abuse.

Has diet caused this, over protective parents? a combination of both? Computer games, a loss of reality? Its a lot of things, but its not good. Its all part of the NWO plan to divide and conquer.

Does not calling a kid porkchop in the playground, make the kid fatter? Does he/she just go home and get bigger? Would a bit of good old fashoned teasing perhaps make lil pudding exercise more? The fat kid joined in. Sure he/she huffed and puffed and turned putple, but no one was left out. Now days sport is not compulsory at school once a weak. You can opt out.

What we have now is manufacturers and designers actually re numbering sizes of clothes to make barge arses feel smaller. How can that help them to live longer?

All the Ten Ton Tessies I went to school with grew up to be normal in the end. I reckon obesity is nothing more or less than a bad diet at home.

When I was lil, tea was ready at 6, if you were late, you got nought. No dial a pizza, no "cooking for one". Breakfast, lunch, tea. A snack was an apple, not a burger.

You know, we were often so exhausted after playing all day that we fell asleep before tea. Food was a piece of toast and half a bowl of cereal at 8 the next morning, a sanga at lunch, and meat and three vegs then ice cream and fruit for tea. Friday night was takeaway chinese or fish and chips if you could afford it(many couldnt). Monday steak, tuesday chicken,wednesday chops, Thursday stew and on it went year after year. Salad was lettuce and tomatoes.

If everyone who is a bit on the tub of lard side of things just walked one mile a day, took that 15 minutes out of the TV guide, they would fit on train seats and not get in my way.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »

Under-protective parents.

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:31:14 PM »

my husband and i were talking about that as we watched One Ton Dad (73+ stone).  in general, people are bigger.  look at uniform exhibits from ww1 and 2.  they were tiny people.  most of it is diet and lifestyle.  what changed between ww2 and now?

better nutrition might account for bigger bones and taller people.  the fat is another matter.  two parents working or single parents find it easier to stop at mickyd's than to go home and make a  meal from scratch.   when my husband is out of town, Panda Express is easier than cooking for one.  snacking is also a big problem.  when i was a kid and we wanted a snack, we got an apple or maybe one or two cookies if mom had been baking.  we didn't sit down and eat the whole batch!  i also think that bigger families made for smaller meals.  6 people had one serving in stead of 3 people having 2 or 3.  

we don't move.  i used to walk to the library.  it was about a mile away.  now i drive to the club to work out, and it's only 1/2 a mile smiley  kids don't get turned out for the day.  they are either not in a safe neighborhood, in daycare, sitting in front of 120 channels of mind numbing crap, or playing video games.  while they are doing that, they are snacking.

then there is "free food".  every time i get behind someone with food stamps in the grocery store, i end up wanting to strangle them.  they pay no attention to nutrition.  they pay no attention to cost.  they usually are hefty, with hefty kids clinging to the basket demanding nasty processed food.  we all know that a case of pop is far better than a gallon of milk....

very often people make the excuse that it is expensive to eat properly.  poor people can't afford good food.  that's bull.  the 5 dollar burgers bought would have cost more than the one whole chicken from which several meals can be made.  the sugar cereal costs more than the bulk whole grain.  the pop is more per gallon than the store brand milk.  + they don't take the time to look for the day old bread store, the dented can store, or too buy food that is marked down for date.

many say the folks don't have an education in nutrition and don't know any better.  bull also.  there are these things called books, and they are held in a place called a library.  they are free to use.  if you don't like books, those same libraries have internet access.  

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »

For 99 44/100 percent of human history the predominant nutrition problem was that there wasn't enough of it.  Also there was too much work for most people - everyone except the upper crust worked from sun to sun to produce enough to avoid starvation.  If an opportunity arose to rest and gorge on plenty of food you did it - those who didn't probably died of starvation next winter.  For most people through history life was hard hungry brutal and short. 

All of that is in our nature.  We just aren't well adapted for the easy life.

BTW, we aren't the only creatures that are maladapted to a life of plenty.  If you don't believe me ask a horse owner what happens if they accidentally get into the sweet feed.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »

Has diet caused this, over protective parents? a combination of both? Computer games, a loss of reality? Its a lot of things, but its not good. Its all part of the NWO plan to divide and conquer.

There are several causative factors imho.
Poor diet with high fat (junk food, fast food, fried food)
Laziness and a pervasive entitlement mentality (ie food is necessary, thus we have a "right" to have food)
A high percentage of people who have emotional problems (depression and anxiety). Emotional stresses bring out a tendency in many people to perform "comfort measures".
Too much unproductive time due to technology and ease of procuring resources. Living has become physically pretty easy, and people are responding to that by spending more time focusing on emotional and mental issues.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:53:56 PM »

and people are responding to that by spending more time focusing on emotional and mental issues.

so we don't have more nuts.  we just have more people with the time to realize they are nuts?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »

Lol Kathy, I'm a fit 165# but my wife's been calling me nuts for years now, Maybe I should go on the Mc Donalds diet to justify it?
Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »

Here in America we have the fattest poor people in the world. 

Look at the difference in the poor people Sally Struthers is trying to save and the poor people airlifted out of New Orleans after Katrina.  They could only fit 2 or 3 in a helicopter at a time for crying out loud.

It used to be that weight was a sign of wealth and power.  You rarely see a skinny king in the movies and when you do it is almost always a bad guy.  Things have changed in this country anyway.

Rich people are starving themselves to death and the poor people are eating themselves to death.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »

i have often challenged people to find me a starving child in America.  there may be children who are malnourished because of the diet they eat.  there may even be a child or two who skips the occasional meal.  no one has ever found me a bloated bellied, starving, child.  if they are bloated, it's not from lack of food.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BoBn
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:36 PM »

Maybe it's all that HFCS. grin

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »

and people are responding to that by spending more time focusing on emotional and mental issues.

so we don't have more nuts.  we just have more people with the time to realize they are nuts?

That pretty much says it. You know that old saying about idle hands. Wink
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:01:25 PM »

I know from my own experience that when I eat out to much, I start to gain wt. Cooking my own meals at home keeps the wt down. Recently I gained 8 lbs and this is due to so much eating out.
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »

when I eat out to much, I start to gain wt.

I am just the opposite - my wife's cooking is so good (naw, she is not looking over my shoulder here - honest) that I eat it all, while if we are eating out, I have no problem leaving some on the plate.  Plus of course here, they serve single meal serving sizes - not serving sizes that were meant to provide your needs for the week (or maybe the needs of your family for a week).

Plus exercise, exercise, exercise....  Without exercise, no small amount of food will be too little to gain weight.

Hey I once heard that there is nothing worse than spending the rest of your life both bald and fat.  Well, I can't do anything about the premature hair thinning, but I certainly can take care of the weight.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »

I think a big part of weight gain starts with too much sugar in the diet as well as too many carbs. When I am at my best diet wise, I'm not consuming soft drinks, cookies, chips, etc... When I consume lots of sugar my eating is out of control.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »

I eat more sugar, Fat, Bread you name it than 90 percent of people out there do.  I work my tale of at work and dont park my donkey in front of the TV when not working.  I am not fat, I do not have to watch my diet.  My girlfriend on the other hand sits at a desk and parks her donkey on the bed and watches TV all night after work and all dang weekend.  She can never control her weight.  She constantly goes on diets and complains about how she can not understand how she can gain weight so fast.  I would love to be honest but we all know where that would get me.

Yes people have more food today but they have mostly laziness to blame for their being on the tub of lard size.  You can not expect to super size every meal you get then mini size all your activity and hope to be skinny. 

When I was a kid, I played out side every day.  I screwed around in the woods, caught frogs, rode my bike all over the country, built forts, worked on farms, push mowed yards for money, played a few sports, raced other kids to see who was the fastest, played football with the neighbors, and on and on.  Now what do kids do.  If a kid gets a good work out now days they will complain about sore thumbs from the xbox not there arms of legs hurting from a good bike ride or throwing a baseball around.  If your lucky you can get them to take out the garbage or wash dishes out without throwing a complete fit.

Think about it and do the math.  There is no mystery here.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 03:22:18 AM »

When I was a kid, I ...

Hey - I thought that you are a kid, with that "N/A" showing for your age....  Smiley

But you are 100% correct - with the right amount of activity - it doesn't matter what you eat, so long as the calories consumed are less than or equal to what you burn off.  As you say - no mystery.

But to add a bit - if you grow up on a farm, there is no end to the activity, and you learn that work doesn't kill you, and you are active for life - even when no longer in that environment as an adult. Kids that grow up in the city where they are not forced into activity will have a hard time keeping their weight down when adults.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 06:21:58 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in here just now. I guess the warning worked.

You know they make McMansions here now. No front yard, no back yard, no yard anywhere. But a pool room and 5 ensuites, gawd soon you wont even have to get out of bed to take a dump. Yuck, I just dont get the ensuite crapper thing.

I guess there are now two classes, outdoor and indoor types. I guess beekeepers are more likely to be active. The One Ton Dad, thats just leaves me speechless. We had a bloke half that sixe once in hospital. God what a terrible thing. Pressure sores, infections, dried crap like a sheep, ulcers, oopff I cant go on. He used to hold a 4 gallon funnel under there to pee in, no joke.

I was extremely active between ages 5 and 35. I could eat and drink anything, even gallons of beer when I was in my 20s and not gain weight but I was riding about 300 miles a week, going to the gym etc. Now I am more sedate. I walk and ride but due to a sit down job and only riding about 50 miles a week, if I eat one kilo of cashew nuts, I put on 2 kilos, how the hell does that work?

You are right about diet, everyone is. I think there is a chance, as much of a skeptic as I am, that sugar addiction is real. I am after all a chocoholic myself. There was a real decline for 20 years in peoples diet in the 30s to 50s because of the depression and the war. The UK was still on rations in the 50s. Ive read a bit and our diet has allowed us to grow in height, the study on the dutch is very interesting. They are something weird like a foot taller than they were during the war.

We have supersize here, but get this, since the Government now wants to tell us what to eat, McDonalds et all now have to have a certain percentage of their menus as healthy, by bloody government law. They have chicken wraps etc. All the food calorie counts have to be available and published. I go to the local Hungry Jacks and have a medium fires once a week, the ones cooked in cancer causing oil, yummy. I notice they have endless cups of coke now.

Cooking is a great skill, if you can cook, you know what you are eating. Sadly I reckon 70.897% of people cant. They live off take away and pre prepared foods, frozen food and canned stuff. I saw a TV cooking show and the bird was showing how to boil an egg! Gimme a break, is it that bad out there?

I did enjoy the doco supersize me, although eating until you vomited kinda detracted from the experiment. It would have been better if he just ate what he felt like from McDonalds. A bloke here, an undy model stacked on 35kg in 6 months, 15000 calories a day for a doco, now he is trying to lose it. From the only pic that has been seen, it all went to his belly. So not much of a test either.

There is a push here for lap band surgery to be available on medicare, aka free. Not a bad idea I spose. Perhaps the money saved by not buying food could be donated to the cost of the surgery? Good food is very expensive. Fresh fish starts at about 7 bucks a pound for fillets if it is good. Not many people can fillet a fish nowdays, very sad. Meat, good lamb or beef around 5 bucks to 20 bucks a pound. To feed a family of 4 for a week using good, not great raw ingrediants would be about 100-150 bucks a week. Crap processed food, probably 300 bucks a week, really bad food, about 100 bucks a week. Ideal food, probably 200 bucks a week and 5 hours a day to prep and cook it.

You can get a family size pizza delivered from greasy joe for less than 10 bucks, so people buy 5 at a time and live off them, ferals we call em.

We have also recently introduced ambulances that an carry 800lb people.

They have a weightwatchers club at work. There are some stunning girls in their 20s that have loved the couch too much that are on special diets, In two months I can see the difference but sadly I have been trained not to comment on ones appearance at work. It is VERBOTEN under OH&S laws, anti harrassment, sexual harassment and a few other rules. They seem to get up at 5am, go to gym, etc and eat like rabbits, it is working for them.

I suspect come christmas, they will all have a few other rabbit like habits and good luck to them.

Im off to have some crumpets and honey without butter coz the bastard of a dog took that off the bench and ate it when I wasnt home.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 07:30:27 AM »

Ya gotta move.  So many want a magic pill to keep off the weight, it doesn't exist (at least not without horrendous side effects!).  Eat real food, not processed, avoid the artificial garbage, and move, you will maintain a healthy weight without even trying.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »

There's all kinds out there.  I've been a bit tubby my whole life  rolleyes.  Never watched much tv, was out tramping through the woods all the time, never ate out, but I love to eat and have little self control.

Now I have a computer job, still don't watch much TV, still get outside a lot, still love to eat.  I hate excersizing for the sake of excersizing, I'm as tubby as ever (2 stone, but they'd have to be fairly big stones Smiley ).  My kids are good eaters spend a lot of time outside and play fighting, but aren't skinny or fat. 

Observations: while on vacation everybody kept busy, ate great at meals but had very few snacks.  No grazing since there wasn't much food laying around like at home. It is amazing how when kept busy we all ate so much better.  When night fell and the fire burned out, we had nothing else to do so went to bed on time, and woke up early.  We were there to help and control the kids, no tv, no computer.  Sure wish I knew how to replicate all that at home....

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »

some people are built bigger smiley

i am 5'8" and in good shape, but i hardly have a models body.  more a weight lifters body!  can't buy a dress because if it fits  my shoulders, it hangs on the rest of me like an empty sack.  + i have gained 10 lbs in the last 10 years and it is not muscle.....

life happens and age catches us.  i just don't understand how a person with no medical condition to contribute, can become so morbidly obese that they can't walk or make it around the store to shop.  at some point, they must have realized they'd let things get out of hand.

my best motivation is that i'm cheep.  i won't spend that much money on food and i won't go buy bigger jeans.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next