Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 12:24:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Soccer Lesson  (Read 775 times)
beecanbee
House Bee

« on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »

At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old soccer players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"  The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?"   The little boy nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "I'm sure you know, when a foul is called, you shouldn't argue, curse, attack the referee, or call him a pecker-head.  Do you understand all that?"  Again the little boy nodded.

The coach continued, "And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play, it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach 'a dumb butthole' is it?''  Again the little boy nodded.

"Good," said the coach. "Now go over there and explain all that to your mother."

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:45:56 AM »

lau I like it    lau

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »

lau
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

There is one that is so true its almost not funny....after 15 years of coaching soccar I have yet to have a problem with a player that was not resolved with minimum effort..... not so the parents

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next