Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 10:19:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dark honey  (Read 938 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: September 05, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »

it was a pathetic take.  just a few jars.  very dark and very rich.  i am thinking that buckwheat paid off?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
suprstakr
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »

What kind of buckwheat and how many acres?? I got my hives (6) on 45 acres of mancan bucwheat . There are only 36 hives on the field .Just put them on last week  at start of bloom .
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »

what kind?  whatever they sold in the feed store smiley.  when i go to the barn i'll see if there is a name on the tag. 

just under an acre for 6 hives.  it got off to a rough start because we had a hot, dry spell right after i planted it.  i can not irrigate.  with some rain, it perked up and i think that is where this honey came from.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »

Oh Kathy, beautiful.  Just wait, next year will be your year for Buckwheat.  This buckwheat that grew on your property will self-seed, and if Mother Nature has a good way next year, you will have mountains of those beautiful white blossoms, and hopefully you will have mountains of that beautiful dark honey, yummy!!!  Have the most awesome and wonderful day, to love our life, with great health. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next