Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 09:03:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I got a good deal today  (Read 1220 times)
firetool
House Bee

« on: April 08, 2005, 09:22:48 PM »

I got a Dadant  hand crank 2/4 extractor( lightly used) , a electric hand held uncapper knife, 6 hive bodies, six supers, lots of frames, bee suit, two veils,two sets of gloves, smoker,frame lifter and four books. All for 250. Did I do ok.
 I all so got anouther swarm of bees today.My father inlaw works for the power company. He called me this morning and told me they had a swarm at their yard in town. It was a nice size swarm, about the size of a valley ball. They were very calm bees.

Brian
thegolfpsycho
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:09:13 PM »

Sounds like you made out like a bandit to me.  Good on ya.
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 10:38:44 PM »

Sounds good to me, you can never have to much bee equipment!!! Tongue

Ryan Horn
bill
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 04:21:01 PM »

I also got a swarm yesterday. I t was very small. anyway the price is right rite. they were about the size of a softball, this is my first one. they must be swarming atound here. my friends hive swarmed and she got them before they left the area, put them in a hive but they absconded ther next day. she also hived a swarm last week and it absconded too. Mine is staying though but I had to aput a smaller entrance on my nuc that I just queened , cause the swarm bees were robbing them blind this morning. I waited till nightfall almost then I opened the box I ahad them in and sprayed them with sugar syrup so they couldnt go anywhere for a while.

billiet
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 04:25:15 PM »

I have read that you need to put a queen excluder under the hive to block the queen from going out the entrance.

I guess since swarms don't have any surplus of supplies they are going to go after all they can get.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next