Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 03:52:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 823 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: September 01, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10582301/President-Obama’s-Address-to-Students-Across-America-September-8-2009

this could be interesting.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:39:26 PM »

It disturbs me the same way the little Obama song being taught to school children bothers me. Next thing we know, it will be mandatory to have large photos posted in all classrooms of the president. It bothers me greatly, but it doesn't surprise me.
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:42:44 AM »

Our Fuhrer, oops, I mean President, is certainly trying his best to indoctrinate, I mean teach, our young people that the government only has our best interests at heart.  Just leave everything up to Big Brother, we'll do your thinking for you.  Just be good little citizens and march along to our agenda.  evil

Saw on the news last night that the approval rate has dropped a great deal.  Could it be the many of the American people are starting to arouse from their stupor of apathy?  We could only hope... soapbox
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »

I'm thinking Mr. Obama has no business talking to my kid without my consent. My children will be sick that day.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
CWBees
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

Maybe the the students should be asked what do they want the President and elected officials to do for them their family and country instead of Obama and administration dictating what we need to do according to his speech. I think he is going down as the worst President so far and I would not want him or his administration dictating his agenda to our youth.

A swarm in May is worth a bale of hay.
A swarm in June is worth a silver spoon.
A swarm in July isn't worth a fly.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:01:28 PM »

if i had kids in school, i think i'd keep them home on that day.  especially after i read this.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13249171?_requestid=5883011

i guess this is what you get in government run schools.......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next