Did you check out the comments? Particularly the 16 points someone posted - they're great! I'm copying them below (My favorites are #5 and & 7):
1. Read the US Constitution especially as it applies to money.
2. Dumass knows no party boundaries.
3. Politicians worship at the altar of John Maynard Keynes.
4. Politicians haven't read any of Keynes' theory. The theory required pay-back of the deficit. That never happened.
5. The US public is inherrently ignorant of where the money comes from or where it goes. Worse still, they are unwilling to learn.
6. Economists are historians. NOT capable of predicting anything.
7. Voters vote for thier pocketbook.
8. The system got this way because the public wanted #7 above.
9. Making money off of dumass is NOT a crime.
10. Sooner rather than later, you are gonna pay for your play.
11. Credit was easy because the public demanded it.
12. Revisionist history is just as wrong as the history written by the winners.
13. It was the early 50's when the depression ended and only because of the rise of consumerism. Blaming China, India, Japan,... ad nauseum is false. We, collectively, just had to have the latest gizmos, foofraw, designer whatever and houses we couldn't afford. See #11 above.
14. Atlas will shrug. The only option that will work is to allow a hard reboot of the economy. This means everyone loses what they don't own outright. Pity the specialist who has only one skill that no longer is in demand.
15. Whiners, blamers and fanatics, just shut up. Go back to listening to your talking head idols. They were hired for thier big mouths and not thier wisdom.
16. Life will go on, just not as we know it.