Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 12:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bees or not bees, that is the question.  (Read 680 times)
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« on: August 27, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »

Got a call yesterday evening about honeybees in a tree and in a house.  The caller assured me they were honey bees.  rolleyes  I thought it would be a wild goose chase, but went this morning anyway.  Yep, you guess it, it was a wild goose chase.  The bees in the tree are bald-faced hornets, and the house is home to a nice colony of yellow jackets.  Well, it was a good day for a drive through the countryside.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »

i have them take pictures and email me if i have doubt.

the flip side of your story is one i had earlier this year.  the guy called me and told me that there had been bees flying in and out of his tree for days.  he was sure it was a swarm.  i was sure it was probably a paper-wasp nest.  in this area, swarms don't hang around for days!

i checked, and sure enough, it was a honeybee swarm.  a nice one!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next