Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 06:29:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Kennedy R.I.P.  (Read 3825 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »

Hate to disappoint you, but.........................

Bill Clinton
48 Hardwick St
Brighton, MA 02135

William Clinton
85 Davis Rd
Hopkinton, MA 01748

William Clinton
22 Crane St
Springfield, MA 01104

There's just no hope for Taxachusetts

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 09:11:48 PM »

it that what you call planning ahead?   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 09:56:25 PM »

Great Ann, thats all we would need if gov.patrick gets that seat. He would never stand a chance at winning another election for govenor so he would need to do this to stay in office around here.
I don't know if anyone has heard of ameriquest mortgage company but they are extremely crooked and are not allowed to do business in massachusetts any longer and were fined millions of dollars by the division of banks, last I heard Connecticut was doing the same to them.

Our esteemed Governor Deval Patrick is on the board of ameriquest. They ripped alot of people off in this state with their business practices and he allowed it.

There was a protest at his office a while back where people who were losing their houses because their mortgages were not what they were told or the terms were changed illegally or something like that and the mortgage company refused all contact with them so showed up with picket signs and demanded he come out and talk to them.  They wanted to know what was going on.
I saw pictures of it online last year, he refused to come out of his office all day, sending his aides out to talk to them but he eventually had to leave but didn't give these people the time of day.

That is definitely the kind of person we want running our state. I don't feel like the republicans will ever get a foothold in this state they way the democrats keep passing the torch.

On another note, I missed scrubs last night? Sad darn it!!
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

Didn't one of the Kennedy offsprings kill a young girl with a golf club ?
And it was kept covered up for years.
Or am I thinking of another "high ranking family" ?

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »

nope, right clan.  he was the nephew of roberts wife i think.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »

Michael Skakel.  The girl's name was Martha.  Yep, found it on Wikipedia:

"Michael C. Skakel (born September 19, 1960) was convicted in 2002 of the 1975 murder of Martha Moxley, his fifteen-year-old neighbor in Greenwich, Connecticut. Skakel is the nephew of Ethel Skakel Kennedy, the widow of the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy."

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

I don't feel like the republicans will ever get a foothold in this state they way the democrats keep passing the torch.
Hopefully the heads of the Republican party in Massachusetts will give us a better selection than they have in the past. I'd like the see Christy Mihos do better this time around.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 05:33:15 AM »

The press here tried to make him out to be a mick saint. However there were as many in the media here citing some of the other facts of his life, so all in all, Id say we had balanced coverage.
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

Bottom line is that Ted should have been shot for treason in 1991.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »

he probably would not have qualified for a treason charge for the same reason kerry didn't when he did the N vietnam thing. 

we have generally accepted that treason can not take place outside of a declared war.  the constitution is not entirely clean on this: 

Article 3 section 3

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

courts have generally only upheld the charge of treason in declared wars.

kerry might have been a squeaker.  we were fighting, and the case might have been made, but no one thought to do it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »

So maybe or maybe not was he guilty of treason but I think we can all agree he was way out of line on this thing and helping our enemy at the time.  He should have had to answer to that as well but like everything else he didn't merely because his last name was Kennedy.

No charges were brought up and he was allowed to be in the Senate for 40 YEARS despite his moral and political indiscretions.  To me it makes the citizens of Massachusetts look ridiculous.

How did the name Kennedy rise to royalty when they made their name and money on criminal activities to begin with?

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »

How did the name Kennedy rise to royalty when they made their name and money on criminal activities to begin with?

a lot of people made money on illegal activities.  prohibition was the financial start for many old families.

i do not think there would be a Kennedy legend if not for the assassinations.  history would already have written JFK off as largely a failure and would have long ago investigated the goings on of bobby.

instead, they jumped on J. Edgar, who, as it turns out, had really good reasons to be concerned about what was going on in the WH. 

eventually history corrects itself and the truth is coming out.

morally and practically,  they  probably did a lot of the right things.  legally, they did some stuff really that makes your hair stand up.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

It doesn't matter,

the fact that MA elected Ted into the Senate for 40 years is a disgrace.  The Kennedy's are not deserving of the title of royalty.  Quite the opposite.  They are just common criminals.

Even if a treason conviction was not possible he should have been held accountable.  He directly tried to contaminate our efforts to disarm our enemies.  Only because his last name was Kennedy was he allowed to continually break the law and not be held accountable.

He is hopefully smoking a turd in hell with Hitler as I write this.

The way I see it is that anyone who voted for him is ignorant or an accessory to his crimes. 

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »

Unfortunately there are quite a few Kennedy supporters here in MA.  Anyone who votes Republican really hasn't had anyone to vote for for years and years, not since Ed Brooke, I think, and I was too young then to know where he stood on things.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
hongsi
New Bee

jook fung

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »

The Kennedy family financialy supported terrorism in Northern Ireland for years.  It did not stop until 911 when Bush appealed for a united front against terrorism and the Brits said OK but what about the Tamany Hall IRA support and it finally ended.

There will be a time when the old shall be new again  ovid
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next