Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 08:31:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We have idiots here  (Read 2019 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: August 22, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »

A DOG owner fired five nails into his pet's head because he did not have a car to take him to the vet to be put down.

When his mastiff, Winchester, did not die from the nail-gun attack, John Delahaye killed him by stabbing him in the neck and smashing him over the head with a sledgehammer.

The RSPCA has expressed disbelief that Delahaye has been spared jail.

Animal welfare campaigners say it is one of the most severe cases of cruelty they have seen.

Instead of being sent to jail, the Traralgon man was given a suspended sentence for killing the three-year-old dog.

And he will be able to own another pet within three years.

Asked on Friday if he was sorry, Delahaye said he was right to kill his "favourite" dog because "that's how they do it on farms".

The boilermaker said he grew up with relatives who had farms and they used to "take dogs out back and shoot them".

"I didn't have a car that could drive him to the vet and I didn't think of calling the pound," he said.

Delahaye said he was fed up with the dog because it barked at neighbours and escaped from his yard.

He also claimed the dog had attacked a relative, but the RSPCA said he did not initially mention that to its officers.

Delahaye described the July 2008 attack as stressful because he expected the nails to "go clear through his head" and kill his pet.

"I was already upset that I had to kill him because he was my favourite dog," he said.

"When I put the first nail in he made that noise, which made me more upset. I didn't want him in pain or suffering."

Delahaye shot the dog another four times in the head.

As Winchester lay yelping in pain, Delahaye dragged him inside the house and stabbed him in the neck with a knife.

When that failed to kill the dog, Delahaye picked up a sledgehammer and fatally smashed him over the head.

"I thought it would be quick and easy," he said.

"I thought it would go clear through his head. As I told the judge, an inch back and it would have killed him."

RSPCA inspectorate services manager Greg Boland said worried neighbours heard the dog's frantic yelping and called police, who then alerted the animal welfare organisation.

Delahaye pleaded guilty to knowingly causing unreasonable pain to an animal and was sentenced by Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court to three months' jail.

But Delahaye appealed against the severity of the sentence in the County Court on April 28.

The judge reduced the punishment, directing that the sentence be suspended for 12 months, while banning Delahaye from owning domestic animals for three years.

But Mr Boland said the crime should have resulted in jail time.

"It would have been extremely distressing for the dog because it was screaming out in pain," he said.

"As far as we know there was no anger involved. It was a calculated act. It makes the blood chill - poor dog."
Share this article
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:34:37 PM »

Yes, you have idiots there. If the idiots hadn't outlawed your guns, one quick shot would have done it. No pain, no suffering. You're not alone, tho, we have idiots running our government, too.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »

ahhh.  another who has a branchless family tree.  they seem to be all over.

yes, one quick shot would have done the job. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »

Should be banned forever from owning any animal, and he probably should be forced to have a vasectomy as he is most likely too stupid to care for any living thing.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Ernest T. Bass
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:22:28 AM »

As sad and cruel as it seems...

a.) you never get the full story.

b.) I'm sick of people who care more about animals than people... You get sentenced to years in jail if someone decides you have been neglecting or mistreating an animal, but no one bats an eye if you go and have your unborn child murdered..

c.) The more laws you make the more power the government has and the less freedom we have.. It's just not the answer to idiot-proof our society..

Sorry I gotta be so contrary. Smiley

"One in the same, Bass is the name!"

Have a minute to burn? Perhaps you'd like to check out some of the movies that my siblings and I like to make...

Lund Family Productions
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »

Ernest T. Bass

Finally someone that sees my side of it. I have said the same thing. Now watch out, you will soon be accused of being a serial killer like me. Not that I'm a serial killer, just been sort of called one. Not saying I'm not a serial killer either evil  grin

But there are some people that do not know the difference in a gun shot to the head, a nail gun to the head, or a drill to the head. Did you here the story of the guy that took a drill to his head. The first one didn't work so he put in another hole. I think five finally did it.  tongue

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 10:36:41 AM »

i agree with you guys for the most part.  remember that whole kitten strangling thing. 

balance and intent.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »

give the guy credit for tying to do right, it was his pet and his responcibility, not his falt he didnt have the right tools for the job that his gov. had removed from his posession. Seing a nail gun poping nails i would think i would do a fine job; just might need a few dog anatomy classes.
and jp; i would never take a pet of mine into a vets office to be put down. J would not expose him-her to that additional trama; just quitely handle it my self

to bee or not to bee
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

My point is obviously this guy didn't really think this thing through, or maybe he did, which is the point, what he did was beyond inhumane. If I have to put any animal of mine down, I'm making it count, the first time.

The thing about this that really gets me is the guy wanted to kill it because it barked a bit too much.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

The thing about this that really gets me is the guy wanted to kill it because it barked a bit too much.

Yeah Lack of sleep makes one do weird things.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »

Delahaye said he was fed up with the dog because it barked at neighbours and escaped from his yard.

He also claimed the dog had attacked a relative, but the RSPCA said he did not initially mention that to its officers.

IMO If his pet kill someone ?? How what do you do.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

Dogs are a product of their owners.. Owners are responsible for what their dogs do, not the dog, however, people see the animal as being the reason for the bad behaviour....Now, If it was my dog, he'd a been in my house with my other 7 dogs, being quiet.
 The guy with the sledgehammer is an idiot in the first place...Now, That I have his picture,...well....I wouldnt have a problem buying a nailgun and using it on him. I know,...I shouldnt judge,...But, just looking at this guy makes me think that this doesnt surprise me.(hmmm...(the pic wasnt you, was it Mick?) grin
 Now, as Ernest mentioned, its pretty wierd how some people value a pets life over the life of an unborn human...I am a Pro-lifer all the way! I feel abortion is just a matter of convenience..I mean, really, how many abortions are done because of rape or incest? Not too many, if you count... angry But, think of it this way too ...Unborn babies have a lot in common with animals....They dont have anyone to defend them either Cry....Ive come to the conclusion that theres people God put on earth for zillions of reasons....some to protect the unborn babies...some to hug a tree...and some to stand up for animal rights( Which, truthfully, animals dont have any rights when it comes right down to it).
 I mean, really......A NAIL GUN?Huh?....Who'd a thought?Huh
Oh yeh....Taking the dog to the vet to be put down?..It cost money, thats usually the issue...But I did it for my first time with my Dalmation and learned from that time on that it isnt bad at all....I feel like the dogs have been with me for so long that they deserve more dignity than blowing their heads off to put them out of their misery.Although Bud....recently, I had a dog torn up by coyotes really bad......I was gonna shoot him, but the vets wife came over and talked me out of it with just a few words...she also paid for the dogs 3 weeks in the hospital too...That dog is back home now doing just fine now..
 Now back the the "Hammer"....I think, if the dog had been a problem for any amount of time, like the guy said, I'm sure he coulda found somebody in a few days with a gun.....Or....Perhaps he couldve just took it for a ride and tossed him out the door in the country( like they do where I live)...50/50 chance for survival..Ok make that lower odds for survival...Here, people have guns and most the people I know just wanna kill somethin'!...A tossed out dog is as much fun killin as a rabid skunk or a lowly armadillo. People,who live near me though,...well....they know that if I feed a dog, they better not shoot it....and, it seems, I have a gift of finding things out, even if I dont want to know! Undecided

Heres something from JP he sent to me...If this doesnt make you ball....then you can use a nail gun!

your friend,
john
http://www.indigo.org/rainbow/

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 05:14:34 PM »

I would prefer to shoot the inhuman that is lower than the sledgehammer guy that will drop a cat or dog off. That, to me, is about as low as you can get.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 06:29:13 PM »

Hey I shot a coyote. They are dogs.
There are three dogs around here that I might shoot if they keep going around my chickens.
As I have said before. An animal is an animal. Stop trying to make it human.  rolleyes

Jerry

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »

Hey I shot a coyote. They are dogs.
There are three dogs around here that I might shoot if they keep going around my chickens.
As I have said before. An animal is an animal. Stop trying to make it human.  rolleyes

Jerry, noone is trying to make animals human here. We are talking about causing unnecessary suffering to man's best friend. They don't ask for much but a little food, water, shelter and affection. But think about all they give back to us. There aren't enough words to describe their benefit to us. The least we can do as pet owner's is diminish any undue suffering, immediately.

...JP

and

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 04:29:03 AM »

OK some huge swings in opinion on this one, interesting to see what people think of this method of disposing of an animal.

Take a look at the toilet seat sniffer, has idiot written all over him. Probably inbred, an IQ of 80 and of Aboriginal extraction. All this makes for some seriously stupid people. He would be on welfare, thats a certainty. Thats my educated opinion. If this case was heard in Melbourne, at least we would have got to see a psychological report.

He is also plain old cruel to dumb animals. He knew what he was doing. He will go on to bigger and more evil crimes, mark my words.

The pound/council would not have charged him for "putting it down" they would have found it a good home. He could have found one of his idiot mates with a rifle if he was really that way inclined. Its great we dont let fools like this have a gun anymmore.

Id like to nail 3 in his head, cut his throat and bash him on the head with a sledgie, and then look into his eyes and tell him "I didnt think it would hurt".

Alll he was doing was acting out a sick fantasy that he has probably planned for a long time. He knew he was being cruel to the extreme and he enjoyed it. Trying to justify it with a mixture of cattle, pig and sheep killing methods just shows how evil he really is. Old BDB would be able to read this creature like a book I reckon.

This happened out of town, so didnt make the news on most TV stations.

Now tell me this, do you have a sledge hammer to hand inside your house like he did?

There is no law down here against putting down responsibly and painlessly muffy if you feel like it, go for your life, if you know how to shoot and feel that muffy wont know whats coming, go for it. Blow its head off with a deer slug, the more the better in this scenario. The aim is speed and lack of pain. I know you all know this and Bud Im making notes so I can get into you on the weekend on this one. I know you know I know you know that youre getting up me, get that home made wine ready, youre gunna need it Boh! The thing is most people got muffy in the first place to keep, not use as a device to satisfy their sick mind.

If thats how he treats his favourite dog, god help the rest.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:42:42 AM by mick » Logged
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 07:35:57 AM »

They don't ask for much but a little food, water, shelter and affection. But think about all they give back to us. There aren't enough words to describe their benefit to us.

My chihuahua brings home the bacon. Washes the car. Cleans house. What does you dog do?

Jerry

charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »

My Jack Russell mix, digs up moles out of the yard, leaving nice ankle spraining holes, Smiley He's so proud of himself he brings them in with him. 

He does a wonderful job of taking out the trash.  One bit at a time from the trash can and spreading it everywhere, think of all the hard work. 

He barks incessantly at the squirrels, cats, cars going down the gravel road.. 

He chases cars when he gets the oppertunity.  He just wants to bring me home a new one.  (note moles above) 

You must make sure he is NEVER left alone in the house.. He can and will destroy every last piece of furniture.   

All said and done he's lucky he's got such soft ears, and makes a good pillow..   Cause dh would love nothing more than to eliminate my "problem" dog.   

Charla Hinkle
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »

They don't ask for much but a little food, water, shelter and affection. But think about all they give back to us. There aren't enough words to describe their benefit to us.

My chihuahua brings home the bacon. Washes the car. Cleans house. What does you dog do?

Can I borrow your Dog  grin
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

Can I borrow your Dog  grin

I was being...... what is that word?..... No not smart a**....

Jerry

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »

Now they have denied a woman of her meal

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_goat_in_trunk

Oh wait, there's a 'Favre' goat in my trunk...

WINONA, Minn. – A woman on her way to St. Paul really got the goat of auto repairman James Prusci. She went to Tires Plus in Winona Friday, wanting a belt replaced on her Chevy Malibu. While he was doing paperwork, she said she had a goat in her trunk. "A what?" he asked. She told him she planned to butcher it.

It was painted Minnesota Viking colors — purple and gold — with Brett Favre's No. 4 shaved on its side. Favre made his Vikings debut Friday in a preseason game.

Prusci called animal control, which took the goat to a local vet. He was renamed Brett and placed in foster care.

Animal control officer Wendy Peterson said Monday the city attorney was reviewing the case for possible citations.

Jerry

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 05:26:06 AM »

Goat is good tucker, young goats taste like lamb, you wouldnt know the difference, Ive fooled dozens of people with it, not as fatty as lamb, but the same taste.

She can take lil goat home to cook, but alive shoved in the boot of a car is not acceptable. In  the back of ute or a trailer is fine tho.

Just another idiot alive and kicking, These are the people that always get asked "who is the president" by the TV.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next