Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 07:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the...! Only in America, guns on display at Presidential address in Phoenix  (Read 16772 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »

Of course you might still live.

i recently drove alone from oregon to california. it's about a 12 hour drive and most of it rural.   in oregon i have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.  in california, i do not.  my husband was concerned that if i were stopped for speeding or something in california, and was caring concealed, i would be arrested.  i told him that i would rather be arrested for breaking the law, than be unable to defend myself, and have a cop explaining to him why i was dead.

for a lot of reasons, you are probably safer in japan.  culture, immigration restrictions, etc. even so, to not be able to plan your own defense....  

America has been built on fear and consumption. a fear of the Indians, British, the South, the Russians, Disease, Infection, Invasion, Attack, of Technology, of Risk, of anything that causes people to spend money and turn to the government for protection. Y2k, Homeland Invasion, all the money Beemaster refers to to protect against the possible not the probable. Should a team of undercover coppers or similar, perhaps 20 people in all, hang around national monuments in DC, or would they be better off on the highways?

consumption = capitalism,  not TB?  in that case, yes.  that is a good thing.
fear?  indians, british, russians, disease, invasion, attack are all reasonable things to be concerned about.  consumers spending money is a good thing.  it assumes that you are producing and producing and spending drive the economy.  
when a defense is planned, you plan first against the probable, then against the possible.  if you do not consider and plan for all, you are foolish.  you also tend to get jets flown into buildings, etc....

I too am staggered at the amount of money the US owes. Its just insane, it can never be paid back, so what is the long term plan? I don't see how you can continue to give billions in foreign aid and spend on Military like you do and not just print money? I tell you, Fortress America is on the Horizon.

we are staggered by the amount also.  we are printing money.  do you not see that our dollar is worth crap?  if i were to cut spending, it would not be on the military.  especially after this president is done.  the world will be a more dangerous place and we will be more vulnerable.  i would stop federal spending on education, transportation, medicaid, foreign aid, TARP, clunkers, and all the other junk we spend on.  let it all go back to the states where it belongs.

Involvement in wars will soon be limited to Predators and other unmanned a/c flown by people sitting behind a PC in Nevada. Thats probably a good thing IMO. When the hundreds of thousands of troops come home, they will be the core of a new security force. The force that spies on its citizens and detects traitors at home not abroad. Tens of thousands will be retrained and sent o/s as good old fashioned eyes on the ground: Spies. Cost a lot less overall and thats what has to happen if you want to be able to afford the level of security your Govt wants.

you seem to appreciate military service, but you do not understand the people who serve.  if you want to find spies for the government, look to the labor unions........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BULLSEYE BILL
House Bee

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 01:49:57 AM »

Those returning vets are of the people and for the people and will stand with the people as will law enforcement.

To the question of what will prompt a revolution?  We are seeing the silent majority awakening, the Independents and Conservatives are awakening and it is scaring the Liberals who for so long have been the only protesters.  But perhaps it will be the realization by the people that their monetary system has collapsed.  That all their hopes and dreams in the 'American Way' has been dashed by the government.  That they no longer have the security of their life long work and their nest egg is worthless.  When our country is reduced to third world status and our hungry masses are looking for their next meal we will know that TEOTWAWKI has arrived.

If we are lucky the Amero, the planned future monetary system, will have value, not that we will be able to trade our worthless dollars for them, in the worse case food and ammo will be the currency of the future.
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:11 AM »

in the worse case food and ammo will be the currency of the future.

That sounds like a very scary future – trading food I am OK with as commerce benefits both sides of the transaction.  But ammo?  I do not see a lot of demand there save for a few that live where there is a bit of wildlife around.  I don’t think I would be stockpiling it. I’d a guessed gold, fuel, labor, anything that could be traded if the US$ ever were to become worthless.

But I do not see that happening – cheaper yes, but not worthless except in some scenario of a global conflagration where the US no longer exists due to total annihilation.  But if this were the future – then certainly all of the other advanced economic countries would have suffered a similar fate – so the world itself would be reduced to 3rd world status.

In my view – not a very likely future.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 05:34:11 AM »

I think you will find plenty of scholars who can explain the fear and consumption thing better than I can, itd take me about 5000 words and a few weeks to adequately explain my reasoning. The USD is still worth more than the AUD. We got to almost par 12 months ago, insane, our $ was driven by the exporting of our precious natural resources. Australia is just a giant mine. If we didnt have the minerals we do, we would be a third world country.

Your National Guard has a track record of shooting and killing the people it was formed to defend back in the 60s, so I doubt they would be on the side of the people in a revolution. So some say the NG exists, some say the 2nd amendment exists to protect against it. I guess there is no answer.

Id say the criminals with guns would be more likely to use them against the Government than those of you in here that have guns. You mob would sit at home all tooled up and wait and let the crims be cannon fodder. Not a bad strategy. Theres a youtube video of a shooting range somewhere up there that has an annual shoot. Blokes turn up with arty pieces. Just amazing to watch. They are from the south of course. I am reliably informed they are all feral down there. I watched Deliverence, I seen those hound dogs in Jail movies, apart from Charlie Pride and that bloke that is on here that owns half of it, big bloke, carries 3 pieces if he picks up the mail. you can keep it.

I just wonder what American history is taught in schools over there nowdays. How are the dark chapters treated. You know, the Japs dont teach WW2 history to any of their kids. Its all being ignored. Thats incredible. Id make the bastards take a "Japanese atrocities of WW2 test" before they came here to see the penguins, cuddle a Koala and go on to half drown at Bondi.

Whats almost as fascinating about the US as Barbed Wire, is the motor car. Your cars post Henry Ford were perhaps the most successful psychological marketing strategy of all time. Historically, the American liked to look out from atop his horse, survey the land. Sit on the porch and look at the land, surveying the landscape giving a feeling of ownership and accomplishment. Sitting behind the wheel, looking over a vast expanse of bonnet was designed to give a feeling of security of the home on the move. The vast expanse in front of me is mine, you cant cross it. It keeps me safe as I roam the countryside. From here I can look out over what is mine, to what might be mine. It was also a way to connect the vast landscape with the occupant if he was so inclined. It goes on and on, really interesting stuff. Bigger has always been better the world over. I guess it goes back to the wedding tackle of Adam. Imagine a pair of contact lenses that were TV screens. You would have a 360 degree view of the movie as large as life. You would be IN the movie not watching it. Instead, I was looking at a 65 inch TV the other day, gawd it was a beast. Only 11 grand I take 2!    3 years ago a 40 inch plasma was that. Bigger is better, you cant show off contact lenses.

I tell ya, take away fear and consumption from the US and you wouldnt know what to do. Youre not alone, youre just the best example and an Industry leader.

California or Alaska might want to be an independant country one day. Thats when the 2nd might come in. Until then, the 2nd is just an excuse.

You have the opportunity to change the Government every four years. The people YOU voted in can be forced to quit. Down here, the Government can call an election anytime after about 2 of the four years. The Governor General, acting as the Queens representative  can actually change the Government. sack one, install the opposition as a caretaker and force an election. It happened once in the 70s here and depending on how you stand was disgraceful or a revelation. You cant do that up there. Perhaps that is our answer to the 2nd amendment and the reason why we hang onto the Queen. We know she wouldnt let us down, the people can rely on her. Until she dies and the remaining WW2 vets die, we wont be a rebulic.

What happened here in the 70s when you cut to the chase, was that the Australian Labor Government was caught borrowing money from a bank basically owned and operated by drug/gun runners. AKA the actual Mafia.

What would happen if your Government was caught borrowing money from the Italian Mafia?

indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 06:53:16 AM »

What would happen if your Government was caught borrowing money from the Italian Mafia?
Right now our gov't would borrow from anyone.  We're in debt up to our eyeballs to the Chinese, and I don't think they'll treat us any better than the Mafia.

Quote from: Bullseye Bill
If we are lucky the Amero, the planned future monetary system, will have value, not that we will be able to trade our worthless dollars for them...
Did you ever read about when FDR stole the entire country's gold? Made it illegal to own gold. Forced citizens to turn in their gold for paper dollars at a rate of $20 per ounce, then immediately afterward set the price of gold at $35 an ounce: devaluing those dollars by 70%!!!
The justification was that it was an "emergency". Sound familiar?
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »

Wow, Mick, I really thought you liked America, but obviously you don't - and you have no clue what we're about.  As for your experts who will explain 'fear and consumption' I doubt I'd believe a word they say, they no doubt don't live here and dislike America, too.  So, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree - which is a shame, because that means you will continue to believe the lies being fed you by 'experts' who are really nothing more than propaganda spreaders.  You also seen to give Hollywood the same 'expert' qualifications -  Deliverance is your authority on all things Southern?  I'll let the boys from the South deal with that ridiculous statement.

I could say Australia is nothing but a prison colony, according to the history I've read.  Wouldn't be accurate, but it's a belief I can cling to, because experts have told me so.  I could go line by line with the rest of your post but I'm not going to, that will turn into nothing but an argument, and would only heighten my disappointment in your warped views.   With that I'm done here, I don't want to get banned for arguing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:58:11 AM by reinbeau » Logged

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 11:04:25 AM »

trading food I am OK with as commerce benefits both sides of the transaction.  But ammo?

with what will you protect your food?

Your National Guard has a track record of shooting and killing the people it was formed to defend back in the 60s, so I doubt they would be on the side of the people in a revolution. So some say the NG exists, some say the 2nd amendment exists to protect against it. I guess there is no answer

i'd guess you are talking about kent state.  it was a sad incident, but it was not all that the  the press portrayed.  many of those demonstrations were violent.  they were drug and KGB fueled.  the national guard was deployed to keep the peace.  did they over react when they thought they were being shot at? maybe...maybe not.  that hardly constitutes a pattern.  in fact, i think they show to much restraint sometimes.  they should have had shoot to kill orders in New Orleans and did not.

I just wonder what American history is taught in schools over there nowadays

if american history were taught, we'd already have a revolution.  we now concentrate on apologizing for our so called "dark days".. you know, those days that made us strong, rich, and, most importantly, free.

mick, i fear  you have been hanging out with the wrong folks.  is resist.com back up  smiley  we all  have our view of our own history, and others see us from their own perspective.  years blur all that info into what is written in the books.  what is true, and what is not, sometimes becomes a matter of opinion and perspective.  be very careful what you suck up.  it may be mixed with agenda crap.

i am curious about this fear thing.  what is that about?  if i walk in the woods and fear a mountain lion attack, that is not an unreasonable fear.  if i walk in down town portland and fear a mountain lion attack, that's probably pretty stupid.  fear (concern) about something  is not automatically a bad thing

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »

All that got me wondering..... what is Great Britons history of the 1770s?

I'm Southern, but alas not in the hills or even close to a river so I guess we have to wait for some Southeastern boys to get on here.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 01:44:02 PM »

I'm from the southeast.

Some things just don't deserve recognition, much less a reply. When one is so far from the truth, it's too late to try to guide them back.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 01:50:40 PM »

it is interesting to get a perspective from those in other countries.  i was in england before the election.  hillary was still in the running.  it was amazing to see the news of the us from a european perspective.  

i had people come up to me and ask me about our politics and their view of what we do was pretty strange.  same with katrina.  my BIL didn't understand why the feds didn't rush in and take over.  the concept of state sovereignty was foreign to them.  + they expect their government to solve all problems.  

additional thought:  many people in the US do not understand that the national guard belong to their states and governors.  they can be 'nationalized' in a federal emergency but they are not part of the general military.  my opinion is that they should not be deployed to war zone.  they are not trained for it.  they are for state emergencies, and national emergencies that require forces from multiple states.  that would include national disasters, etc.....but even then, they are on loan from the states and do not go from state to state without request from the governor of the state experiencing disaster.

since us citizens do not understand, it would be unreasonable to expect someone from another country to understand.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:30:14 PM by kathyp » Logged

Alexis de Tocqueville
beecanbee
House Bee

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »

with what will you protect your food?

Generally societies share their food with the hungry.  But of course where this is not possible, starving, or near starving people who have a bit will hide it out, so worst case a hideout.

In a full societal colapse, where almost everyone is hungry - it wouldn't be to good to look well fed.  It would bring too much attention.

Paul

“I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. Smiley

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

Mick, I am incensed at what you've supposedly learned while you studied American history.  American 'has been built on fear and consumption'?  What on earth lead you to that conclusion?  America was built on the desire for freedom.  The twisted interpretation and rewriting of history is the only way you could come to the erroneous conclusions you've made.  We do not need another amendment, the ones we have are just fine.  We need to understand history and what it teaches, not twist it into some anti-American agenda.  If people keep thinking the way you do, and there are plenty here in this country who do, unfortunately, America is truly doomed.

It has been encouraging to me to read how many people think like I do, it's the sleeping giant, and they are finally rising up and being heard.  I only hope it isn't too late.
+1  Wink

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2009, 04:00:03 PM »

it wouldn't be to good to look well fed.  It would bring too much attention.

this would be good motivation for those of us who need to watch our weight!   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »

The message is - if you get murdered, let society avenge you.  Only passive defence is permitted (run, hide), or use of an object of opportunity (reached for a brick while pinned down during an attack).  This works here more or less in that there is not a very high murder/crime rate, and you have agreed to turn control over to society.

I understand the crime rate is much lower in Japan than here. That being said, I don't believe it has anything to do with access to firearms. I believe it is in your culture, your homogenous population with strict immigration limits, and your overall demeanor. From what I understand, Japanese people are generally very respectful, courteous, amiable, and reverent people. Your police (according to what I have read) are much more involved in the community than we see here. I have great respect for what I have seen of Japanese culture, and you are descended from highly principled warrior codes of ethics and behavior. I personally believe those are the reasons for your cultural success and honorability.

America, on the other hand, is purely composed of immigrants, with the exception of the North American Indian. Diversity is one of our strengths, as well as one of our weaknesses. When you have a large nation of individuals who come from many cultural backgrounds, you don't have national cohesion born of religious culture, racial cultures, or political cultures. Diversity denotes division. The trick is in not letting the divisions destroy the country, and the most effective way (imo) to achieve that is through protecting the individual liberties of all equally, without preferences or protections for special groups. That is not what we currently have happening.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2009, 04:37:43 PM »

Id say the criminals with guns would be more likely to use them against the Government than those of you in here that have guns. You mob would sit at home all tooled up and wait and let the crims be cannon fodder.

Not so at all. It's not the criminal element of our society who is riled up right now. It's the law-abiding citizens who are seeing government try to creep in and usurp the Constitutional protections that we have.
As for the issue of the right to bear arms, the Consitution of the US states "The right of the people to keep and bear shall not be infringed".
Fringe (as in "infringe") means "edge". As originally intended, the right to keep and bear arms was not to be restricted at all. We have let the federal government "infringe" little by little by way of restricting the right to carry, the right to own whatever kind of firearms desired, and other restrictions edging their way into the edges of the 2nd amendment.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »

The trick is in not letting the divisions destroy the country, and the most effective way (imo) to achieve that is through protecting the individual liberties of all equally, without preferences or protections for special groups. That is not what we currently have happening.

it has alway been a trick to maintain diversity of culture, but not of nationality.  in the past, people came here for opportunity to succeed and they were grateful to the country that gave them that opportunity.  one might eat kosher at home and celebrate the holidays of the old county, but when the US flag went by, you stood at attention with your hand over your heart as a sign of respect and gratitude for what that flag represents.

now people stand on the flag and hold their hand out for what those who came before them might give.  they do not have respect for the flag, country, or opportunity.  we have created a culture of entitlement that can not last.  why should i produce to put the fruits of my labor into the hand of another who chose not to produce?

those of us who still wish to be productive may need to pull a john gault, and leave.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »

Mick I am really shocked at the animosity you are showing about our country. What is the reason behind it?
The really sad part here is the fact that you are so off base its astounding.
Our country has its faults as does yours but don't presume to know what they are when there is obviously no way you possibly could if you are comparing a fiction movie you watched to reality.
That ridiculous remark about the movie deliverance being an accurate description of our southern citizens was not only disturbing it has hurt your credibilty greatly.
You call that reliably informed?

I haven't really formed an opinion about Australia yet (although this thread is helping me a great deal) but let me watch a couple of movies tonight and get back to you.
I am thinking if I watch the movie Australia I should learn most everthing I need to know about your country but there is one I remember from years ago called the Walk about with the aborigines you have there.
It was pretty bizarre with a father trying to murder his kids and bizarre nudity with prepubescent teens among other things.
 What was that other one with the woman... hmm, let me think, "the dingo ate your baby" is the line I remember from it.
I thought that guy "crocodile dundee" was a complete idiot, I guess that is what I should picture all of your people like.
What about steve irwin who waved his infant baby in front of a crocodile.
Between him doing that and the other guy trying to shoot his kids while they are on a picnic its a wonder you all have any children at all.
So lets see, just from the movies I have watched so far it seems that you have aborigines running around everywhere with the crocodile hunters and people waving babies in front of hungry crocs, taking their young children on dangerous safaris, using their kids for target practice, sniffiing petrol fumes and running from the police, suicides, and thats not counting the one who's dingo ate her baby.
You all seem pretty unstable to me and I have been reliably informed.

You have made other remarks in the past some that are actually harmless but showed you do not know anything about our country.
Off the top of my head, not long ago you started a thread about this wonderful new singer that you have in australia that is the new sensation, doing sold out shows and how if australia likes you they just tuck you under the covers and keep them to yourselves and how you were not going to share her with the rest of the world or something to that effect.
Here is the funny part. Her name is PINK and she is and has been for a few years already a VERY famous AMERICAN performer who has toured all over the United States.
Here you think you have she is from your country and telling us what we are missing.

You may want to watch the movie australia as well there are a couple of actors from our country that are pretty good, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman.

You really do not know anything about our country but it does not stop you from starting these types of threads.
The title of this thread is "ONLY IN AMERICA" so I knew you were not going to be nice but I had no idea how degrading and nonsensical it would be.

Mick why did you start this thread? It seems you were trying to start trouble from what I can tell.

Okay guys if I am not online tonight its because I am going to be studying a foreign country, I am going to rent crocodile dundee so I can lean about Mick's country.
If anyone wants to join me just bring some extra popcorn. pop

Now Playing:
Where the Green Ants Dream (German: Wo die grünen Ameisen träumen) is a 1984 film by German film director Werner Herzog. It is set in the Australian desert and is about a land feud between a mining company and the native Aborigines. The Aborigines claim that an area the mining company wishes to work on is the place where green ants dream, and that disturbing them will destroy humanity. um okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkabout_(film)

high school girl (Jenny Agutter) and her much younger brother (Luc Roeg), are seen walking home across the urban landscape of Sydney, Australia. Their father, a geologist, drives them far into the outback, where they stop for a picnic. Suddenly, without warning or reason, he begins shooting at them, and when they run behind rocks for cover, he sets the car on fire and kills himself.

This is probably a fair representation of what the australian people are all like:

Yolngu Boy is an Australian film which was released in 2001.

The film is about three Aboriginal Australians, Botj (Sean Mununggurr), Lorrpu (John Sebastian) and Milika (Nathan Daniels), that trek through Australia's Northern Territory when Botj, shortly after returning from prison, commits arson and vandalism whilst high from sniffing petrol. The three flee from the police who threaten to send Botj back to jail, and head to Darwin by coast. However, soon after their arrival, they are discovered by the police while sleeping in a hotel room. Botj leaves before the other two wake, and has been breathing petrol fumes for their hallucinogenic effects, which leads him to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge.

Something I noticed, in all three of these movies someone commits suicide, what is it about australia that they all want to kill themselves?
I will have to watch more movies to find out.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »

i liked The Thornbirds.  wouldn't judge the catholic church or a country by the movie, but it was good   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »

Kathy you know you are dating yourself now. grin
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »

Mick I am really shocked at the animosity you are showing about our country. What is the reason behind it?
The really sad part here is the fact that you are so off base its astounding.
Our country has its faults as does yours but don't presume to know what they are when there is obviously no way you possibly could if you are comparing a fiction movie you watched to reality.
That ridiculous remark about the movie deliverance being an accurate description of our southern citizens was not only disturbing it has hurt your credibilty greatly.
You call that reliably informed?

I haven't really formed an opinion about Australia yet (although this thread is helping me a great deal) but let me watch a couple of movies tonight and get back to you.
I am thinking if I watch the movie Australia I should learn most everthing I need to know about your country but there is one I remember from years ago called the Walk about with the aborigines you have there.
It was pretty bizarre with a father trying to murder his kids and bizarre nudity with prepubescent teens among other things.
 What was that other one with the woman... hmm, let me think, "the dingo ate your baby" is the line I remember from it.
I thought that guy "crocodile dundee" was a complete idiot, I guess that is what I should picture all of your people like.
What about steve irwin who waved his infant baby in front of a crocodile.
Between him doing that and the other guy trying to shoot his kids while they are on a picnic its a wonder you all have any children at all.
So lets see, just from the movies I have watched so far it seems that you have aborigines running around everywhere with the crocodile hunters and people waving babies in front of hungry crocs, taking their young children on dangerous safaris, using their kids for target practice, sniffiing petrol fumes and running from the police, suicides, and thats not counting the one who's dingo ate her baby.
You all seem pretty unstable to me and I have been reliably informed.

You have made other remarks in the past some that are actually harmless but showed you do not know anything about our country.
Off the top of my head, not long ago you started a thread about this wonderful new singer that you have in australia that is the new sensation, doing sold out shows and how if australia likes you they just tuck you under the covers and keep them to yourselves and how you were not going to share her with the rest of the world or something to that effect.
Here is the funny part. Her name is PINK and she is and has been for a few years already a VERY famous AMERICAN performer who has toured all over the United States.
Here you think you have she is from your country and telling us what we are missing.

You may want to watch the movie australia as well there are a couple of actors from our country that are pretty good, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman.

You really do not know anything about our country but it does not stop you from starting these types of threads.
The title of this thread is "ONLY IN AMERICA" so I knew you were not going to be nice but I had no idea how degrading and nonsensical it would be.

Mick why did you start this thread? It seems you were trying to start trouble from what I can tell.

Okay guys if I am not online tonight its because I am going to be studying a foreign country, I am going to rent crocodile dundee so I can lean about Mick's country.
If anyone wants to join me just bring some extra popcorn. pop

Now Playing:
Where the Green Ants Dream (German: Wo die grünen Ameisen träumen) is a 1984 film by German film director Werner Herzog. It is set in the Australian desert and is about a land feud between a mining company and the native Aborigines. The Aborigines claim that an area the mining company wishes to work on is the place where green ants dream, and that disturbing them will destroy humanity. um okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkabout_(film)

high school girl (Jenny Agutter) and her much younger brother (Luc Roeg), are seen walking home across the urban landscape of Sydney, Australia. Their father, a geologist, drives them far into the outback, where they stop for a picnic. Suddenly, without warning or reason, he begins shooting at them, and when they run behind rocks for cover, he sets the car on fire and kills himself.

This is probably a fair representation of what the australian people are all like:

Yolngu Boy is an Australian film which was released in 2001.

The film is about three Aboriginal Australians, Botj (Sean Mununggurr), Lorrpu (John Sebastian) and Milika (Nathan Daniels), that trek through Australia's Northern Territory when Botj, shortly after returning from prison, commits arson and vandalism whilst high from sniffing petrol. The three flee from the police who threaten to send Botj back to jail, and head to Darwin by coast. However, soon after their arrival, they are discovered by the police while sleeping in a hotel room. Botj leaves before the other two wake, and has been breathing petrol fumes for their hallucinogenic effects, which leads him to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge.

Something I noticed, in all three of these movies someone commits suicide, what is it about australia that they all want to kill themselves?
I will have to watch more movies to find out.
cheer Well Said !!  cheer

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next