Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 09:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stupid, stupid mistake  (Read 4302 times)
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »

to gain the privilege of being a warrior didn't they have to go though some tourtures...ummm, trials first?  smiley   i have always felt that it was pretty safe moral ground to use the techniques of the enemy on them.  no more, and certainly no less.  if they were well trained they should have been trained to withstand that threshold of treatment.

Different nations, different rules, rituals, etc.  Among us, children are taught from a young age to endure pain and not cry out.  Even infants were taught not to cry.  A crying baby could alert an enemy as to the location of the group.  If a baby cried, the mother would pinch its nose shut.  In order to breathe through it's mouth, the infant had to stop crying.  While it sounds cruel, the baby wasn't hurt. 

For older children, older warriors would instill in them the duties and responsiblities of a warrior by recounting war stories, deeds of valor and courage, and proudly displaying scars from old wounds and injuries.  This still works today.  There is a young girl in my clan who was always afraid to go walking in the woods, but every time we got together for a gathering, she and I always had to go walking together.  When I asked her about it one day, she simply said, "I love the woods but I'm afraid of the monsters.  But I KNOW that even the monsters are afraid of you!"  Such sweet words to say to an old warrior like me.  Cry  That makes all of the hard work and sacrifice worth it.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:35 AM »

they say god made everything with a purpose, he must have made yellow jackets so we could enjoy destroying something; I can't imagine those horrid creatures having a purpose otherwise.

BeeHappy, couldn't have been said better....smiling.  I think that slugs were made with the same venue, they are nasty too, and I love to step on them and hear them pop, oops, did I say that?  smiling that big smile.  Beautiful days to love and live with the most awesome of health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »

I thought that about slugs too until I saw one eating dog poop!  shocked

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »

Oh Jody, the second I read your post, I got grossed right out.  We had many dogs at one point in time on our property, like 5, and yes, those sneaky, disgusting, hideous, slimey pukes (have I found enough adjectives for slugs yet?) were eating the dog poop that we missed picking up, all the time, especially at dusk, when we were done the dog-pickin'-up-poo thing for the day, sick......I can't really say to have a beautiful day, cause I am thinking of those slugs eating s___, ich.  Hope the wrong-word-sayer software didn't pick up my slang for CRAP....oops, did I say that, my bad, smiling.  Health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next