I took a different route. The electricity wasn't working, so I couldn't try the Beetle VAC out.
I took every frame from the hive one at a time, killed all of the beetles that I could find. Then I put them in an empty box on a separate bottom (drip pan). I then proceded to kill every beetle that I could find with the almighty hive tool. When I got down to the slatted rack, I already suspected the beetles were hiding in the grooves, and there were lots of beetles in there. I set the rack aside, and went to battle with the beetles on the bottom board.
I then started putting things back together except for the slatted rack. I left it out to reduce the hiding places. I also switched to a migratory cover with no inner cover.After all the frames were back in, I sprinkled ground cinnamon on the end bars and on the bottom board around the entrance.
Once the hive was back together I turned my attention to the temporary box. It had about twenty beetles in it that got the hive tool. I really did check well, I guess they hide better. Then I went after the beetles on the slatted rack. The drip pan helped alot, the beetles would drop off into the pan and play dead, until I killed them. There were about one hundred beetles in the slatted rack.
So, in conclusion, I killed about two hundred beetles :evil:, reduced the hiding space in my hive, and spread cinnamon in and around my hive. The good news is that they had about three full frames of brood that should be capped in the next few days. :) I will keep you posted.