Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 27, 2014, 09:29:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Beemaster!!  (Read 1038 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: August 06, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »

I know John that yesterday was your birthday. I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope you have an excellent birthday. it was very cool  to hang with you and I hope we can do it again. I have to run to work.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »

Looking forward to wishing you a happy birthday again this time next year John.

Hope you have a better year than last.

Geoff and Margaret.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »

Thanks Brendhan and Geoff:

I agree on needing a better year Geoff, this one took its toll on me. But I think I'm doing better with the meds for seizures and the other issues are cooperating mostly. As is usual on my birthday (and I swore I wasn't going to talk about this) I got very sick last night about 6pm while at work. So sick, I had such a migraine and vomiting that I had to stop during rounds nearly 20 minutes to get my eyes to focus, literally the light of day was both blinding and deafening. I managed to drive hme slowly, feeling no better at 11pm, I gave serious thought for my coworker to drive me to the gate and have Tracey pick me up from there, but then getting my car to go to work today would have been a major hassle.

Iwent right to bed, having nothing left in me to throw up and still a screamer of a headache that ranked amoung the worse I can remember. I fell asleep on a bag of ice wrapped in a moist towel which helped on my head, and by 3am it was mostly melted and I ended getting up and have been up since.

By 4am I could manage to get some meds in me for the headache and it eased greatly by this morning when Tracey woke. Now.... Somehow still awake after only really about 2.5 hours of sleep, I'm slowly getting ready to go to work at 2pm, relieving the guy who brought my bees to the house here the other night - letting him go home about 30 minutes early, he'll appriciate that.

So, it was a crappy day, but typical. I never do anything, like drink in excess (had nothing at all honestly) to explain why I got so sick, I wonder if I got some bad food - but that wouldn't explain the massive headache to start this chain of events. I see my doctor on Monday, he follows all my issues well as does the neurologist, so let's see if any medicine changes or tests may be run, but I tend to think I just inherited my Mom's gene pool and I need to deal with life has dealt me.

Thanks for your kind thoughts guys, always nice to be in people's thoughts Smiley Brendhan, hope you are still reading this... Sorry we couldn't get together, at least for coffee or lunch when you were only 12 miles away. Let's NOT let that happen next time, I look forward to seeing you and Geoff and all the others (including Irwin and KathyP) and who knows what other surprises at BUD2 - what an event it will be!!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »

Happy Birthday John, I wasn't online yesterday so I missed it. Hope you feel better, migraines can be debilitating, I know.
Best wishes for a great year and health improvements your way.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »

John

I haven't been on line lately, just so busy, but I am glad I saw this post.  I wish you a happy belated birthday and hope you start to feel much better soon.  Thanks for all you do and the wonderful forum you have provided to us.

Take Care
Annette
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »

Thanks All:

I'm back at work, 24 hours SURE MAKES A DIFFERENCE - wow, I'm feeling nornal (well you know, Beemaster normal  rolleyes) and all is well. I'm glad being as sick as I was yesterday night is over, but it stunk being my birthday on top of being at work too!

All in all, doing great and glad to be back in commission - and thanks for all the kind birthday words, I'll be celebrating it on Sunday when I have off, we have some awesome looking skirt steak which I'll lightly top with Taco Seasoning, ready to grill with a big bowl of mixed veggies, I'll have some wild rice with that I think and some foil wrapped corn, soaked in husk for about 30 minutes and slowly rotated on the grill - man what a meal!!!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 02:18:02 AM »

Gosh you almost sound like a vegetarian like me!!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:58 AM »

Thanks Brendhan and Geoff:

I agree on needing a better year Geoff, this one took its toll on me. But I think I'm doing better with the meds for seizures and the other issues are cooperating mostly. As is usual on my birthday (and I swore I wasn't going to talk about this) I got very sick last night about 6pm while at work. So sick, I had such a migraine and vomiting that I had to stop during rounds nearly 20 minutes to get my eyes to focus, literally the light of day was both blinding and deafening. I managed to drive hme slowly, feeling no better at 11pm, I gave serious thought for my coworker to drive me to the gate and have Tracey pick me up from there, but then getting my car to go to work today would have been a major hassle.

Iwent right to bed, having nothing left in me to throw up and still a screamer of a headache that ranked amoung the worse I can remember. I fell asleep on a bag of ice wrapped in a moist towel which helped on my head, and by 3am it was mostly melted and I ended getting up and have been up since.

By 4am I could manage to get some meds in me for the headache and it eased greatly by this morning when Tracey woke. Now.... Somehow still awake after only really about 2.5 hours of sleep, I'm slowly getting ready to go to work at 2pm, relieving the guy who brought my bees to the house here the other night - letting him go home about 30 minutes early, he'll appriciate that.

So, it was a crappy day, but typical. I never do anything, like drink in excess (had nothing at all honestly) to explain why I got so sick, I wonder if I got some bad food - but that wouldn't explain the massive headache to start this chain of events. I see my doctor on Monday, he follows all my issues well as does the neurologist, so let's see if any medicine changes or tests may be run, but I tend to think I just inherited my Mom's gene pool and I need to deal with life has dealt me.

Thanks for your kind thoughts guys, always nice to be in people's thoughts Smiley Brendhan, hope you are still reading this... Sorry we couldn't get together, at least for coffee or lunch when you were only 12 miles away. Let's NOT let that happen next time, I look forward to seeing you and Geoff and all the others (including Irwin and KathyP) and who knows what other surprises at BUD2 - what an event it will be!!!!

Happy Birthday Boss!

Youre stressed out, you and Mrs Boss have had a hectic and traumatic year. You need to have a holiday. A lie on the beach and read a book holiday for a coupla weeks. Not a holiday at home when you are doing ten things at once.

Im telling you as your personal psychic physician, ( try saying that ten times quickly) you need a rest and you need it soon. 50 to 60 you have to chill out if you want to stay healthy.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 08:08:05 AM »

This is your "birthday month" so milk it for all its worth, Happy Birthday John!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next