Thanks, Robo - I put a combo of drawn comb and frames in the box above the hole which is about 1/2 inch bigger all around than the tree hole and I put a baggie of 2:1 sugar syrup on the top. We'll see - maybe they'll move up and maybe they won't but I'm giving them the best chance I can. I'll post pictures of setting the box up later. The bees were all clustered at the hole and using it as a top entrance.
I called Iddee because the box was slanted side to side and I didn't think that would work. He said it needed, if it had to slant to be slanted front to back. Simple fix - I turned the box 90 degrees and now it slants with the back lower than the front by about 3/4 "
We'll see what happens.
Linda T hopeful in Atlanta