Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 10:51:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 or 3 Drums of Honey  (Read 783 times)
bhfury
New Bee

« on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »

I was just contacted by a grand-daughter of an retired beek and she said she has 2 or 3 drums of raw honey she would like to get rid of.  She wasn't sure of the age, whether it's crystalized or not, etc.  Can it be sold, fed, etc.?

Any thoughts?
Ernest T. Bass
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »

We'll take it, crystallized or not. Smiley Our family goes through a barrel in a year.. It's gonna take a few years 'till my hives are up to par. Wink

"One in the same, Bass is the name!"

Have a minute to burn? Perhaps you'd like to check out some of the movies that my siblings and I like to make...

Lund Family Productions
contactme_11
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »

If I were you I'd take it, bottle it and use or give it away. Friends are always asking me for honey because they know I've got the bees.  rolleyes
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »

take it. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bhfury
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

I was told the honey is about 10 years old.  Does that make a difference?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 01:12:54 PM »

honey will only do a couple of things.  it will crystallize or it might ferment.  it is more likely crystallized and there is nothing wrong with that.  you can warm it enough to poor, or if it's fine enough, use it as cream honey.  if it's fermented, i would think you could make mead, but that's out of my area.  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next