Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 03:57:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: there could be one lurking in every crowd  (Read 3731 times)
riverrat
House Bee

« on: August 02, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »

I knew this was going to happen someday.  rolleyes I'm set up at the county fair selling honey. My booth is set up complete with OB hive. 3 days into the event I had a younger gal of about 20 complete with jewelry hanging out her lip and eye browse stop and look at the hive. Then set about telling me the bees was traumatized, stressed out, poor, unhappy creatures, forced into basic slave labor and now put in a wood and glass box against there will and put on public display. By a  mean cruel person who just didn't care about the feelings of these poor creatures and so on and so forth. This one caught me off guard as this is a rural farming county full of rednecks like myself. Most of which have never used the term activist much less gave any thought about th sometimes strange views of the world these people chose to live in.  So after getting a good lashing from this young activist in training. I thought about it a minute pulled the key to the hive out of my pocket all the while totally agreeing with her. Once she noticed the key I told her she was absolutely right and I was going to let them poor stressed creatures out to be free right there in the building. This, I thought had totally changed her mind as she said she didn't want the bees out to where they could get to her. I kind of laughed to myself about it and figured it was the beginning of the end to this craziness. but not this gal She was hard core thus starting in again when I  put the key up. Now stick with me here people  I had but one last recourse on what appeared to be a losing cause. All the time she was straighten'n me up and getting my head straight with her views she was eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream. When all of a sudden I interrupted her and asked if she had ever tried honey on her ice cream.  When she said she hadn't. It appeared to me the door had opened for my exit. I offered to give her a sample of the honey I had stolen from them poor unfortunate creatures for her Ice cream. Turned out I didn't have to use the exit after all.  she turned and beat it out of the area. Leaving me In my mean cruel traumatized world to finish doing what I had set out to do in the first place . Educate people on bees and sell honey and other products of the hive  grin

never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »

that's funny.  what about the poor, traumatized cow that made the cream for her ice cream?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BearCountry
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »

Your honey collected from your hives is not the reaping of slave labor... it's rent.  Wink 

I'm sure you keep your bees safe and healthy...they've never had it so good.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »

All you can do I guess is to have pity on a lost soul like that, just trying to find a place to fit in, while aggravating the daylights out of normal, decent folks.

You did good Rat.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »

RR, you just a mean ole slave driver, you should be ashamed for keeping bee's caged and making them work hard just to steal their honey to sale for profit, me and my bee's have a deal where if I take their honey I have to replace it with sugar water, and also I have to check on them every now and then to see how they are doing, we have a signed contract  Wink  evil  grin

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
CBEE
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »

Is it just me or do most of those types have a certain kind of odd look about them ?
Not really all the body hardware and tattoos and wierd hair but just something different.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »

You should explain that yours are "union bees". You give them 3 months vacation every winter with free food and lodging.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
gardeningfireman
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »

She probably belongs to PETA; People for the Ethical Tx. of Animals. I also belong to PETA. Except the PETA I belong to stands for People Eating Tasty Animals! I love to point out their hypocracies and watch them backstroke and try to justify themselves!

rast
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »

Is it just me or do most of those types have a certain kind of odd look about them ?
Not really all the body hardware and tattoos and weird hair but just something different.
Yep, and if you could get that drive and outspokenness channelled into doing something good for the USA, bees, whatever, before it becomes selfcentered and greedy, thats how grassroots change for the good also can start.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
sarafina
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:30:43 PM »

The bees are slaves alright... to their queen!   evil

So.......  did she have leather shoes on?  or a leather purse?   rolleyes
honeytaker
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »

get a clue wow that's sad
alflyguy
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »

I'm confused. I thought I was slave to the bees. They give me a little honey to keep me from running off.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 11:48:41 AM »

I'm confused. I thought I was slave to the bees. They give me a little honey to keep me from running off.

That might take on it as well grin

Keith
mtbe
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 12:08:36 PM »

Hmmmm....VANILLA ice cream?

She would have no vanilla if it weren't for the pollination by bees. (although mostly hand pollinated today)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »

Did you show her the little tiny whip that you whip them with when them lazy ladies don't bring home enough of the goods? Smiley

Rick
riverrat
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »

Did you show her the little tiny whip that you whip them with when them lazy ladies don't bring home enough of the goods? Smiley

If only I would have had it with me

never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house
adgjoan
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 05:48:44 AM »

She dod not even catch on to the fact that you are the queen's pimp!  Forcing the queen to go out and mate with all the guys in the hood.
riverrat
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:28 AM »

Well the Fair wound down last night and we got tore down and home didnt see the gal again after the fact. But I did take a lot of good natured ribbing from the other vendors in the building for the rest of the fair.  Smiley

Eshu
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

There is one in my office.  She is a vegan and very vocal Libertarian - and yet feels the right to push her lifestyle on others.

Sometimes it isn't worth your breath and exasperation to point out the hypocrisy.

Every now and again I offer her a jar of honey to get her hackles up, then walk away.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:51 AM »

She is a vegan and very vocal Libertarian

a lot of people who call themselves libertarians are not.  they don't understand what a libertarian is.  i lean that way, but i am a conservative.  most of the "libertarians" i know are liberals who want pot to be legal.  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

I have encountered folks like that  rolleyes I just tell them to get out of my face  evil
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 12:11:13 PM »

She dod not even catch on to the fact that you are the queen's pimp!  Forcing the queen to go out and mate with all the guys in the hood.

Nothing about the rape rack?

http://www.kidbean.com/why-no-beeswax.html

This is hilarious...apparently they don't eat anything.
"But still the question remains: How much respect can you have for someone from whom you steal regularly and manipulate for your own benefit?"

Rick
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »

>>>>"But still the question remains: How much respect can you have for someone from whom you steal regularly and manipulate for your own benefit?"
<<<<

Apparently she isn't married. That sounds like the normal husband/wife team to me.   huh   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Rebel Rose Apiary
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »

Not really all the body hardware and tattoos and wierd hair but just something different.

Watch it....I got a few tattoos and I was born with 'naturally weird looking hair', I was raised on a farm, I have also been called a redneck more than once and I HOPE that I am DIFFERENT than most of the folks I meet.... grin

Yeah, I think that they are different too.....I am sure that they all had public educations and somehow we paid for most of their college education. Of all of the 'funny idea people' that I have met and of those who have caused problems like this one in public.....EVERY ONE of them has a college degree of some sort! What in the world are they teaching now a days??? huh

Wait a minute.....I have a college degree too.....and I keep bees!

As most of you already know, I have had a problem with 'coons......now what would she think about me putting up an ELECTRIFIED FENCE to shock the heck out of the 'coons who are trying to rob the bees???

Sorry folks, I just could not resist the temptation of poking a little fun at y 'all.

Brenda
BruinnieBear
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 02:11:23 AM »

Barf me with a spoon!  Fer sure, fer sure!

BB

Some days you just have to learn the hard way!

Bruce & Minnie Fairbanks
Rebel Rose Apiary
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »

Barf me with a spoon!  Fer sure, fer sure!

I read this and then clicked on a few of the items they offer for sale....I laughed until I was crying.....

You have to be kidding! Did anyone take a look at what they offer for SHOES?? I am still laughing! Can they be serious???

Brenda

BB
Karl Wisconsin
New Bee

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »

The term "Dingbat" comes to mind!

Trying to age gracefully- don't think its working!!
Wynoochee_newbee_guy
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

I feel for you I really do I can't stand people like that. I know people that grip at me for a gas mower and they have a electic mower. and how it runs off batteries my responce to them is I go home to my shop and pull out my push mower no gas no electircity just good old fasion human power and I tell them here you go use this and they back peddle fast on that one.

Its All Fun And Games Till I lose an EYE!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next