I have some drawn comb from a winter starved hive with lots of dead bees in it. Some is a bit moldy. Is this okay to use or should I just chuck it? If I use it should I remove all the dead bees? Will the mold or the dead bees from another hive be bad for a new queen and package bees?
ok theres alot of guys and gals in here that have more knowledge than me so lets see what i get wright>
I would use it unless it is just uncleanable. clean it as much as you can with out destroying it, as long as you know the bee's died from starvation and not a brood disease i would use it , but clean it as good as you can , mold shouldnt bother the bees unless you put just molded covered frames and foundation in , heck i wouldnt do that unless it was sorta clean and looked like it was saveable,,,,,robo thegolfpsycho will
keep me strait