Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 10:29:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A goodbye to a Man of God  (Read 1027 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: April 03, 2005, 09:18:45 AM »

Sometimes we don't earn enough about a man until his passing - I hope everyone, no matter their religious beliefs, take some time to see the many programs on Pope John Paul II being shown this week - he was truely a remarkable man, during a remarkable reign.

To stand before Ronald Reagan and know that it is THEIR time in history to tear down Communism, to Tell Bill Clinton that he is a man of knowledge and needs to seek morality, to tell GW Bush that the US has strayed from many of God's expectations are all powerful and convicted principles to be admired.

The Pope understood that if changes were to take place in the world, it often needed to be lead by the US - we are the most seen of nations around the globe and Italy has one of the lowest birth rates, a product of contraception and driven by realistic expectations of the economy their country.

No one better displayed the life of a human, from strong and scrapping young Cardinal to old and frail Pope - but in his life, he would pray often 7 to 8 hours a day, never straying from an open pipeline to God.

I have a strange interpretation of Christianity, I'm sure that Beth has often prayed for me to read more and think less - but I know that (no matter what sect of Christianity) the Pope was good and kind and knew how to be Pope in the 21st Century better than any man alive could have.

He brought many millions of young people to the church and to God. And although I have met a few "Born Again" people who (to be kind in this special post) JUST DON'T GET IT!, I will say that bringing anyone closer to God can never be a bad thing.

I celebrate the life of a man today, one who knew poverty, saw sufferage, lived the wrath of the Nazis, survived and brought the most abused of cities great pride in his accomplishments.

Thank God for Pope John Paul II during the time in history when the technology could bring both his voice and his flesh to every corner of the Globe.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
leominsterbeeman
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »

Amen.  Viva il Papa!

Rest in Peace Giovanni Paulo

God Bless Karol Wojtyla.

Lesli
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 06:22:47 PM »

I do admire his courage in combating Nazism, and his work to build bridges among the world's religions. I admire his ability to overcome the anti-Semitism that was rampant in Poland during his formative years. That was a great thing indeed.

I disagreed with much of what he said regarding the role of women and gays, and regret that he tried to influence the American political process.

While I don't subscribe to the Catholic view of the afterlife, I hope that for him, for all of us, the afterlife, rebirth, or whatever, is both forgiving and, for lack of a better word, instructive.

Lesli
http://beeyard.blogspot.com/
TVaughan
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »

The Poles have saved Western civilization several times. Jan Pavel ranks right up there with Jan Sobieski.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next