Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 01:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washing my bee gloves?  (Read 941 times)
jeremy_c
House Bee

« on: July 24, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »

I am curious. I have gloves made for bee keeping. They are a soft leather hand with a canvas type sleeve that goes 3/4 the way up my arm. After doing this cut out and handling the comb w/honey oozing from it, my gloves are a mess! Is there any way to get them back to something usable not just a sticky mess?

Jeremy

Bee section of my blog: http://jeremy.lifewithchrist.org/category/bee-keeping.html ... has stories, pictures and videos of a new beekeeper.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »

i put mine on and wash them with some murphys oil soap.  when they are almost dry, i use some leather conditioner on them.  they line dry fine.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
lotsobees
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »

i put mine on and wash them with some murphys oil soap.  when they are almost dry, i use some leather conditioner on them.  they line dry fine.

Good idea, Kathy!

--John Schwartz
Psalm 119 - "How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »

My gloves are the Bucko goat skin ones and to clean them I just put them on, wash my hands with soap under hot water then hang them up to dry.
They get a little stiff once dry but just crumple them up a few times before putting them on and they are as good as new.

NasalSponge
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »

I purchased my nucs from the owner of Bucko gloves...good guy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next