Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 02:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: here comes the government!  (Read 1057 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: July 19, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2294225/posts

lock your doors!!!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mairzy_doats
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:17:36 PM »

So I'm wondering if that's part of the reason the Census people are mapping everyone's front door locations. So they can find you later to "intervene". This actually made me feel ill while reading it.
lenape13
Field Bee

We survive together, or not at all!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »

Those who give up their freedoms for security, deserve neither.

I'll just keep my powder dry and my tomahawk sharpened, as always.
podius
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:03 AM »

I have 3 small children and get a threatening letter each month that says "our records show ect. ect. ect....if you do not comply then the proper authorities will be notified". I don't participate in getting my children vaccinated.

John VT
Spooner, WI(Northwest WI-up in the nose)
equipment---All medium 10 frame boxes, top entrance's, no foundation frames and mann lake pf 120's (7 hives)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:03:29 AM »

my sister lives in england.  she wanted to bring her SILs kids over for a visit.  they can't leave school for a vacation. if the parents take them out for something like that, they can go to jail!  yup....we want to be more like europe.

I don't participate in getting my children vaccinated

you have the right to make that choice for your children (at the moment smiley ).  as much as i disagree with it, i sure don't want to see the government taking that choice away.

we have a case in oregon where the parents trusted prayer to heal their daughter rather than take her to a doctor.  the little girl died and the parents may go to jail. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »

I get letters all the time from Kaiser Hospital telling me to get this test done and that test done.  I tear up the letters all the time because only I decide what I am going to get done.

This sounds scary.
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »

England has changed a lot since I left in 1990. we went back in 2000 and there were cameras everywhere. I went with the family for lunch at a local pub and they were horrified that I had a second beer. Attitudes have really changed. The parents are required to make sure kids attend school or they can go to jail, even if they ake every effort to get the kids there, if they then sneak out it is the parent who is accountable, they even have a law in effect now that can lable you as a disruptive person to the community, you can get home confinement or even jail, sure glad I got out when I did.

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

Who needs the government for that?

My wife saw a doctor whom we usually don't see when my daughter hurt her finger trying out a Ripstik...and the doctor and med student put a lot of pressure on her to get the HPV vaccine for my daughter.

My wife told them that rather than just get the vaccine, we were actively training our daughter how NOT to be a <bleep>.

Well, she didn't but probably would have if she did better under pressure. rolleyes

The kids do all have the chicken pox vaccine, although we don't like it.  It is so silly...I remember seeing an advertisement that that vaccine saves something like 2 kids from dying from chicken pox per year.  Didn't say how many die as complications from the vaccine, or how many were going to die from CP side effects as adults, though.

Shingles, anyone? rolleyes

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »

i wouldn't do HPV either.  my kids had chickenpox, so that wasn't an issue.

MMR and polio are  probably the most important ones.  i guess i come from a generation that saw what some of these disease did.  parents today just don't have any idea what happened when something like measles went through a school.  they never had to dump their kids in an ice bath, or hope that seizers and pneumonia were not the next thing to come.  most parents today have never seen what encephalitis does, or had a child's heart damaged by rheumatic fever. 

it's a different world as far a childhood disease go.  that's a good thing.  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »

Just this last weekend my kid noticed the scar on my shoulder from my polio vacination, she wanted to know what it was. I had to explain the whole process to her as I guess its completely different now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next