Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 04:30:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: and then there is this....  (Read 2158 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

there is no food shortage.  there is no energy shortage.  there is the momentary sting of natural disasters.  all other disasters, have at their heart, poor decisions by man. 

should we be bailing out people who have made poor decisions?  it is hard to watch little kids with bloated bellies and flies crawling out of their noses, but when we know that their starvation is caused by their government stealing the aid that is sent, should we continue to send aid?  probably not.  we end up enabling a corrupt government and the children still starve. 

there are countries with massive natural resources and most of the population lives in abject poverty, and uneducated.  if the government if mismanaging the resources and the people do not demand change, why do we send billions of dollars to those countries?

Mexico is a great example.  they have tourism, oil, and mineral resources.  why are they poor?  because they are corrupt. 

of course, by the time my grandchildren are grown, we may be the same.  you can not keep slamming at the foundation of a society with a sledge hammer, and think that it will hold up forever.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »

FDR had czars but he called them dictators. 

What really freaks me out is that the "supporters" of the USSA are silent.  Not even on this thread has ANYONE stepped up to defend this administration.

Is it just me or is it obvious that supporters of our current administration are having an increasingly hard time defending their position so have chose to be silent?

I wish I was wrong about these guys and would love to be admitting so if I was.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next