Seriously, if your wife is epipen allergic, anaphalactic shock (I really have no clue how that is spelled, spell check no help) unless you have a very large yard, please don't put them in your yard. God forbid she is out in the back yard, mowing, gardening, etc, crosses the flight line and gets stung with no one around to help her out. I would not feel comfortable with that. I know that before I kept bees my kids, or I could run around all day in the yard barefoot without the fear of being stung. Now we have to be much more careful not to step on the bees in the dandelions or clover.
I am aware I could be stung at a nonbeekeepers house as well. But I get stung more in my yard than I do in my inlaws or my parents yards, neither with bees. Actually I'm pretty sure I never got stung in my parents yard while I was growing up. But my kids get stung once a month or so without messing with the hives.