Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 05:52:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So tired of stupid moves that will never work!!  (Read 455 times)
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« on: July 11, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »

just read this below, with drugs and blood diamonds plus just crazy power freaks there it always been that way and always will ( probably have a better chance converting Taliban to preachers than stopping that in africa), why worry about Africa now when Iran and north Korea are fixing to build nuclear bombs and use them. it really show how dumb this country is run
IMHO..... Sorry had to vent a little!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090711/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama

then at the bottom of the article you read this
Obama flew to Ghana after the G-8 summit in L'Aquila, Italy, approved a new $20 billion food security plan. It aims to help poor nations in Africa and elsewhere to avert mass starvation during the global recession.

our country is so for in dept and they just still give money away like it is theirs to do what they want with......just one day I would like to see a President that puts this country agenda first and let other countries take care of themselves !!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:35:37 AM by TwT » Logged

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »

worse than giving away our money, they tend to give it to countries that will misuse it.  much of what we give away, goes through UN programs.  they are notoriously corrupt and never can account for the money.  it is worthwhile supporting our friends.  it is worthwhile investing in programs that show a real return. 

unreported by the MSM is the effect bushs' aids program in africa has had.  for a relatively small investment, we have a large return in good will and hopefully reduced cost for some of these other wasteful programs down the road.

you know from my past posts that i think our escalation in afghanistan is a huge mistake and waste of lives and money.  if you had to pick a good war investment, we got far more out of iraq, than we will ever get from afghanistan.  i hate that vietnam comparison, but if ever a conflict had the potential to qualify, afghanistan is it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next