Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 03:01:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Split being robbed  (Read 616 times)
troutstalker2
House Bee

« on: July 10, 2009, 07:07:52 PM »

I had a hive that had some supersidure cells in it so I thought I would do a split. Took a frame with two queen cells, a frame of honey, two frames of brood and some bees and put them into a nuc. A good number of bees drifted back to the original hive. 2 days later robbing stated. I checked the queen cells, both have emerged but no sign of queens and few bees, alot of dead on the bottom of the hive. Will the bees from other hives kill the queen when robbing? If so what should I do now? Thanks in advance, David
Joelel
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »

I had a hive that had some supersidure cells in it so I thought I would do a split. Took a frame with two queen cells, a frame of honey, two frames of brood and some bees and put them into a nuc. a good number of bees drifted back to the original hive. 2 days later robbing stated. I checked the queen cells, both have emerged but no sign of queens and few bees, alot of dead on the bottom of the hive. Will the bees from other hives kill the queen when robbing? If so what should I do now? Thanks in advance, David

If you have about two or three pounds of bees still there,introduce a queen. Next time you do a split,do it like this.Check this bee school out.

http://www.schoolnet.net.sb/courses/beekeeping1.0/topic_thirteen__splitting_a_hive.html

http://saulcreekapiary.com/Hive%20Split.htm

Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next