Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 01:37:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I do?  (Read 681 times)
achunter
House Bee

« on: July 04, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »

took the old queen out of a strong hive and let the strong hive superseed a new queen, there were about 15 superceduer cells throughout the hive. all of them are chewed out but i have not seen any eggs what should i do? should i buy a queen and put it in there or give it another week or what? help!
thanks alex.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »

when did you do all this?  a virgin queen can take quite a long time to get laying.  this subject has come up a number of times in the last couple of weeks.  try doing a search and see if you can find what you need.  i am afraid most are eating hotdogs today  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
achunter
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

yeah i figured it might take a little to get replies but thats fine lol, umm last weekend i know there were still queen cells capped so from then till know they all hatched, am i right by saying the queens will fight until theres only 1 left? so when do you think i should be worried the hive is queen less and should buy a queen?
sc-bee
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »

Around 28 days for a queen to emerge, mate and begin laying

this subject has come up a number of times in the last couple of weeks.try doing a search and see if you can find what you need

Wink

John 3:16
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesmath.htm

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Pages: [1]   Go Up