Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: what should I do?  (Read 989 times)

Offline achunter

• House Bee
what should I do?
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
took the old queen out of a strong hive and let the strong hive superseed a new queen, there were about 15 superceduer cells throughout the hive. all of them are chewed out but i have not seen any eggs what should i do? should i buy a queen and put it in there or give it another week or what? help!
thanks alex.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: what should I do?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »
when did you do all this?  a virgin queen can take quite a long time to get laying.  this subject has come up a number of times in the last couple of weeks.  try doing a search and see if you can find what you need.  i am afraid most are eating hotdogs today  :-)
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline achunter

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
yeah i figured it might take a little to get replies but thats fine lol, umm last weekend i know there were still queen cells capped so from then till know they all hatched, am i right by saying the queens will fight until theres only 1 left? so when do you think i should be worried the hive is queen less and should buy a queen?

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 12:19:10 PM »
Around 28 days for a queen to emerge, mate and begin laying

this subject has come up a number of times in the last couple of weeks.try doing a search and see if you can find what you need

;)
John 3:16

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 12:36:14 PM »
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything