Solution to the economic crisis!
I reckon whoever thought this up should be prime minister.
Dear Mr Rudd,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing Australia's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 3 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Three million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new Australian made car. Three million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed
5) They must buy $50 of alcohol / tobacco a week. There's your money back in duty / tax etc
It can't get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances