Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 08:10:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bees and Baseball ?  (Read 1288 times)
Delmer
House Bee

Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

« on: July 03, 2009, 08:58:58 AM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/The-Padres-buzz-is-back-Wait-it-s-just-a-swa?urn=mlb,174480

Anyone here the MVB? (Most Valuable Beekeeper)

Danny
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »

They needed one. The fake beek they got killed them. He missed the best chance at PR you can imagine.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sc-bee
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »

>The fake beek they got killed them.

So it was all a sham? They killed the bees huh

John 3:16
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:24:33 AM »

What happened?? Do tell.

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »

In the article that is linked it says that the beekeeper sprayed the bees in two different locations, on a chair and  on someone's jacket.
It shows a picture of him killing the bees on the chair. Sad
Delmer
House Bee

Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »

I was going to ask the question- Did he kill them or capture them?  I'm assuming he sprayed them with insecticide rather than sugar water and peppermint oil.  Just curious.

"A beekeeper was called to the downtown ballpark and sprayed a chair and a ballgirl's jacket that had attracted the bees. Padres president Tom Garfinkel said a few thousand bees attached themselves to a queen bee."

Danny
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290702125

that was no beek, it was an exterminator!

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »

A bad bit of reporting, no way a beekeeper. what a load of crud, sets another dumb presidense.

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
Rebel Rose Apiary
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »

If things actually happened the way it reads, it is not good PR for any of us! It is just a sad shame all of the way around....millions of people will see this and think that we are all that way!

However, the reporter should have told more.....

Brenda
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »

I was going to ask the question- Did he kill them or capture them?  I'm assuming he sprayed them with insecticide rather than sugar water and peppermint oil.  Just curious.

"a beekeeper was called to the downtown ballpark and sprayed a chair and a ballgirl's jacket that had attracted the bees. Padres president Tom Garfinkel said a few thousand bees attached themselves to a queen bee."

Danny

If you look at the clips you can see its a spray can, no sugar water that I know comes in a spray can.
I heard that he was an exterminator as well and I don't doubt it.
I would be surprised if the ball league thought to even call a beekeeper to come out there, they called an exterminator in my opinion.
If he thinks he is a beek and he calls himself a beek he is still an exterminator in my  book.
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »

watch the video clip I posted all the way through, it shows the exterminator scooping up the dead bees and and throwing them into the jacket.

I am sure he was only doing what was requested of him, and was paid very well for it I am sure. I would say the biggest delay was for the drive time of the exterminator to get there and get inside of the park. I doubt it took 5-10 minutes for him to douse them with poison and get out of there.

I think I would have just shook them into a cardboard box and walked out with them.

G3

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »

I think I would have just shook them into a cardboard box and walked out with them.

in that same hour, you could have collected the hive and had fewer bees in the air.  what a waste!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »

I can't stand the newscaster on that clip the way she is playing up the whole situation.
If the bees were in the jacket he may as well have folded it up and put it in a box WITHOUT killing them.
If all of the people who are so afraid of bees could have seen him box them up it would have made a difference but for them to see a "beekeeper" actually come out and kill them, what does that say?
He sent the wrong message to alot of people.
the kid
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »

a girl had her jacket on the back of a chair ,,  then came the bees , they landed on the jacket ..   he sprayed ,killing them ,picked them up and put them in the jacket ...
the park might have told him to kill them to save time ( so the game could get on ..)  and to act like they are trying to stop anyone from getting stung ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next