Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 01:58:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He is risen  (Read 832 times)
TVaughan
New Bee

« on: March 27, 2005, 06:29:55 PM »

Christos Anesti!

Happy Easter!

Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:23:47 PM »

Happy Easter to you too.... and everyone else on the forum. Hope everyone's easter was a little sunnier than mine was. Smiley I got up this morning, showered, put on my new dress, and sat down for coffee.

Have to add a little something in here. Smiley I was pretty happy this morning because I was wearing this new dress for the first time. AND, I haven't worn this size dress (size 14) since I was 17 years old, nor have I worn a dress since then. Just very tickled with it all. LOL

Anyhoo.... I sat down for coffee and looked out at the rainy weather from the window at the couch. I could not believe what I saw!! The island was underwater!! I knew right then I wasn't going to church after all. So I quickly took off the dress and threw on jeans and a t-shirt to run outside and see how bad things were.

The island was gone. The pond had filled so much that it was pouring quite vigorously over the dam and taking lots of dirt with it. There were rivers flowing down the yard - 2 foot wide river flowing past the bees, rivers flowing UNDER the trailer, rivers flowing around and under my new barn..... just everywhere. The road out was even quite deep under water. The pond had come up so high that the chick brooders I made (and set next to the pond) had their legs several inches underwater.

So I unplugged the extension cords for the lights in the chick brooder, and brought the baby chicks inside. And then waded my way out to the barn to feed the chickens and make sure they were in no danger of being flooded. Smiley It's never been this high in the pond before!! I did get pictures, but they didn't come out well since it was only about 7:30am, and pretty dark and dreary out.

The damage from this will be a little costly getting dirt back on the dam. But, such is farm life. I stayed in most of the day, so I'll have to see tomorrow how bad things look. But atleast the island has emerged out of it's "sea".

Beth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next