Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 11:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phew!!! What a trip and glad its over  (Read 695 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: July 01, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »

Wow, we left Friday for the destination of our Daughters' town, with the intent of picking up our Grandsons and bringing them back home for about three weeks.  Five our drive up, eight hour drive back on Monday.  Eeeks!!!  That is about all I can say.  That is a whole lotta time to be driving.  We had a great weekend, our Daughters ensured that we didn't have any down time.  Saturday we went out on our our oldest Daughters boat, a very nice playing boat.  The kids had the time of their lives being pulled behind on the tube, the adults just basked in the sun and watched.  Sunday was the gymnkana for my youngest Grandson.  He is indeed becoming the little cowboy.  His Mother helped him alot to get ready for each event he went in.  He won 4 firsts, 1 second and a high point ribbon, a pretty proud little dude.  He is in the class called peewees, which is 10 and under and he was the second oldest, so he had that edge.  After October, he will be in the 10-18 class group, then he may not be winning as many events.  But by then he will have grown a bit, become more skilled with the pony, and hopefully will still do well.  Anyways, proud Grandparents we were of our little cowboy.  It was a long and hot day.  That club had quite a few new members show up for the event, and it carried on from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and then the time to carry out the reward givings, an hour and a half drive back to the "home", it was extremely long, but worth every minute.

Been busy since we got back playing.  Now some time to get back to some serious stuff around here.  Funny how things on a farm change, in only a few days.  Thankin' my lucky stars that I have my wonderful Sister, that stays at our house overnights, takes care of every little thing around here that needs to be done, couldn't get by without that gal.

When we got back, my youngest Grandson was so excited to see all his Cousins that when we stopped to pick up the mail at the bottom of our driveway (the enthusiasm and energy of a 10 year old boy is beyond your wildest dreams ), he jumped out of the truck and ran all the way to the back of our place to hook up with his Cousin of one year senior.  They are the best of the best friends.  My oldest Grandson immediately took his guitar to find his Cousin pal his same age to begin to jam.  They are certainly another breed, those 15 year old boys, smiling.  Life is good.  My Grandsons are back to visit for a most wonderful three weeks.  Then the road trip to take them back home.  Hoping again they will come down for a couple of more weeks near the end of August.  Life is good.  Have that wonderful day, to love and live, to enjoy those great health wishes that I wish for, for us all.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »

Glad you had a nice trip and the kids are winning prizes. Now you can get back to important things.

Like moving rocks. evil

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:20 AM »

Good for you Cindi the warm hart that grandkids give us is priceless grin Have fun with them.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:37:48 PM »

Sounds like a wonderful trip Cindi, but I know you and I know you love to be home.................................with the rocks!!

Sorry, JP is rubbing off on me.

Have a great time with kids this summer.

Annette
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 04:29:18 AM »

There are few things in life that are more satisfying than watching well raised boys enjoy life.

Good breeding is obviously present in your family Cindi! Give a child the love of Animals and you wont look back.

I dont think the love a child has for their grandparents can be beaten. Youre just a safe haven, a source of love and affection.

I will always remember the perfume of my grandmother and being held to her bosom.

A quote from an old timer around these parts...

"If youve never felt the love of a horse, a dog or a good woman, you havent lived"!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

How about a good man??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next