That is very similar to mine. The mess came from two problems.
The first is that the threaded rod that I used for the main axle was not stiff enough, so when the thing was loaded unevenly (and it is imposable to load it perfectly evenly) it shook like a bad washing machine and eventually bent then it would shake even worse.
I think that the fix here is to cut down the axle so that there is no excess. I had about a foot of axle from the bottom bearing to the cage holding the frames. and then another 8 to 10 inches to the top bearing. I think that if I cut it down to just and inch or two above and below the cage it would work better. I had not wanted to cut down the barrel which was one reason I did it the way I did, so I would also need to cut down the barrel.
The next problem I had is that the cage itself was too deep. The frames did not have good support because they were just barely supported by the bicycle wheels at the top and bottom. So they could, and did, slip out between the wheels and get trapped between the cage and the barrel. This was the mess.. I had the thing going with my 1/2inch drill. It was bouncing all over the place even though I had strapped it down to an old coffee table. So I was trying to hold it still by hugging it with my free arm and one leg when all of a sudden two pf120's blew out of the cage and into the in between space. This caused the whole thing to seize up, quite suddenly I thought I was going to lose an arm or an eye or something so I jumped and well you get the picture. It was a pain to get the frames out they were wedged in there real good and kind of mangled.
The fix here is to either disassemble the cage and reassemble it with the wheels maybe 3 inches closer together. Or to put a metal strap midway between the wheels or something like that to support the frames better.
I think that I would want to mount some type of motor so that I didn't have to stand there with the drill which by the way is very hard to control the speed on and if you aren't carefull will take your wrist off. you need some type of dial to slowly bring the thing to speed and then keep it there, the trigger on a drill is somewhat inadequate.
I think that I would also want a better way of holding the thing down, like bolts anchored in concrete... I thought the thing was going to take off... right up until it seized up! Hopefully fixing the axle might fix some of the wobbling. Some other issues are that I think that even if it did work well you would never get all of the honey out of the bottom of the barrel so there is a little waste.
I do plan to work on it again this year and I will update. in the meantime I will try to find pic of mine. or some of the video I took.