Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 03:48:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why courts are important!  (Read 761 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 29, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/29/AR2009062901608_pf.html

it's about time.  time to go back to competing on a level field.  win or lose on your own.  if you can't cut it, you don't get the promotion.  white, black, green!!!  and STOP WHINING!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »

I totally agree. I was relieved to hear their decision. Smiley
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/29/AR2009062901608_pf.html

it's about time.  time to go back to competing on a level field.  win or lose on your own.  if you can't cut it, you don't get the promotion.  white, black, green!!!  and STOP WHINING!

Also true of the Appellate Judge who got overturned in this case. Cheesy

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »

Yes! (fist pumping in the air!!)  Awesome, awesome, awesome.  This case has had me very upset, and the thought of Sodawhatever getting into the Supreme Court after her assinine 'logic' (really racist rhetoric) sickened me.  Perhaps the tide is shifting a bit more than I thought.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

Perhaps the tide is shifting a bit more than I thought.

it was a pretty narrow decision the way it was written, but it is a start.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »

No wet blankets on my little party, Kathy, I haven't had one for a long time  evil

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next