Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 10:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $90 Million Dollar Lottery, Australias richest ever prize how would you spend it  (Read 2758 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: June 27, 2009, 03:43:28 AM »

You have to select 7 numbers out of 45, if your 7 come up, you win 1st division. It jackpotted from about 50 million last week.

It costs about $1.10 per game (set of 7 numbers). So everyman and his dog is buying a ticket.

If I win, I will fly yall downunder.

Id buy a house and land that goes from the mountains to the coast, set up a state of the art recording studio and kick back whilst the worlds best come to play. Watch a few horses and cattle, kinda be Mr. Bud.

The other 50 million, I would set up a few low key high impact charities.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »

Did you hear about the 23 year old kid out in Winner, South Dakota?  What amazed me about his winnings was he is only going to get $84 million after taxes  shocked  Still a lot of money!

I'd get our bills current, fix my home up here and start looking for my dream farm somewhere, but I'd take my time.  Set up funds for my boys, nieces and nephews, and pay off my sister's mortgage, make sure she's set (she's divorced and sick, she needs a break more than I do!), and travel a bit. 

I'd also buy a life membership in a few of the societies I belong to, then figure out, as you suggest, a couple of charities to work with.  Isn't it fun to dream? 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 06:33:22 AM »

Yes without dreaming, life can be a bit sad. Its tax free here, all "winnings" are unless you are a professional punter.
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

I would pay off all of my bills
Fix up the rest of the things around the house that I want to do
Set up  funds for all of my children and pay off their college bills.
Donate alot to my church, they do very good things for the community
Donate to other local churches who do outreach
Take care of my parents, make any of their dreams come true, travel etc.
I need a new car
Put away enough for myself to live comfortably
Use most of it to help others, schools, shelters, fuel assistance programs, elderly outreach programs, scholarships for kids to go to college, programs where it helps people who will genuinely help themselves, habitat for humanity, veterans groups and anything else I think will make a difference.
For self indulgence, possibly a vacation house somewhere that my family could all use, big enough where my kids and their kids could get together, meet up for vacations here and there and spend time together just hanging out.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »

i'd buy one of those missile silos and prepare for the end.

a good elevator that can carry stuff and animals.  an indoor, ventilated, self contained, barn.  greenhouse, good well, etc.....

a good set of deadbolts for the hatch........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »

One of the first things I'd do is give a good chunk to this site for all they do to make our lives more enjoyable.

The typical stuff, pay everything off, pay off family's debts, buy my parents whatever they wanted, sis and brother also.

Buy up a ton of land, plant a bunch of trees, travel quite a bit, live the good life.

Give money where its most needed, people in genuine need.

Etc...

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »

I never win nothing so I don't care to plan, If one of yaw won it I would see if I could move in  Kiss  Wink 

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 04:48:42 PM »

I'd pay off everything I ever owed; and disappear, unreachable, for at least 2 years; maybe I'd even stay on the move in a country where the chances of being recognized as a lottery winner would be nil. I'd only "live it up" a little for those first couple years. Then before returning home a couple years later I'd have some modest work done to the house including a 12 foot tall block wall  with parapets built around the property. I'd return home in a beater vehicle in the night so I look like a worker there late and resume my life telling anyone who remembered why I disappeared that I spent it all, and leave on vacation often.

be happy and make others happy.
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »

ok payoff everything, make my families life easier and buy a decent size farm, and for the first toy it would be this but a new one built the same way, it smokes the tires on a dyno (you can see the rubber out the back) and has 1038 rear wheel horse power, cant help it, would have to be able to out run my wife on the days she wants to go shopping  lau , that would make me fell like a kid again, a rich one but still a kid  tongue   evil oh I would put a rack on the trunk to carry a hive  Wink

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:34:57 PM by TwT » Logged

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Pay off all my debt, buy a farm, buy a house for the wife at the other end of the country  Wink

I have always thought it was a ripoff that if you decide on a lump sum payment you only get half of the amount, less taxes.

Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 09:11:38 PM »

If I win Mick your off to Bud2 boot camp. If you win I expect the same.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
greenismycolor
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »

I'd pay off the usual...all the family's everything. Pay for and set up funds for all the kids in the family for College. Make my moms house look like she wants it to look. Build a Mosque. Buy a villa in Alexanderia Egypt, and a hundred acres here and build a house in the middle.  Quit my job and enhance my bee yard. Plant my land now in trees and watch it grow. Get a saddle for my daughters horse, build good pens for my chickens. My son a car. Go fishing!

Believe!
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:26 AM »

Ah Joffa if I win, I will buy out Mr. Bud! Fly you over there to close the deal and bring em all back on my private Gulfstream.

Its gone up to 100 million! no surprise as every shop I passed was chockers.
charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »

I'd refuse to sign the press release. 

I'd go to work the next day.  I'm sure the day job would be a whole lot more entertaining once I knew, and only I knew I could tell them to get bent at any oppertunity.    Could be exciting. 

Pretty sure I wouldnt' change much.  Probally pay off the house and cars and buy the other half a new bass boat...  But that's probally it

Charla Hinkle
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »

The pool reached 106 million and there were two winners, both from interstate, not fair!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next