Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 03:58:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Jackson dies  (Read 4342 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 25, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »

kind of a sad ending for a sad life.  so much potential realized and unrealized. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

I think my tears will go for Farrah Fawcett instead. Sorry, none shed for MJ.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »

i know, but her lifestyle didn't kill her.  his probably did.  i find that sad....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »

Seriously. This is one of those "Uh, what do I say?" moments. Oy! More drama...  rolleyes

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »

I cannot believe that all the networks believe this news trumps all other news in the world!

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »

i have not been watching.  i suppose it's because it was unexpected?  + he's been kind of weird so it makes for good news.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »

Life style and what one does with it is a choice. Farrah Fawcett is the sadder story. I hope we don't have to suffer through too much of MJ's dying. Sorry if it offends but I just never liked the guy after his Jackson Five stint.  

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

I think my tears will go for Farrah Fawcett instead. Sorry, none shed for MJ.
I agree

Johnny
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »

true confessions  grin

i never liked Farrah.  thought she was a ditz and wished she'd dyed her hair black.  lousy way to die.  wouldn't wish that on anyone, but...it just doesn't make me feel bad.

mj i remember as a cute little kid.  we used to dance in the living room to the Jackson 5 and Osmonds.  not like i'll miss him.  he hasn't been doing anything.  it just seems like most of his life was a waste.  so much talent and so little done with it the last few years.

sappy, i know......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 09:50:46 PM »

It seems when someone dies like that my thoughts immediately go to the kids.
I don't even know if he was a good father but its just the upheaval and upset the kids face in the transitions their live's will take.
I know its their money and they earn it but the way some of these superstars indulge themselves and don't try to make the world a better place or at least better for someone with their money, just disturbs me.
So much good can be done and they are out buying elephants for Godsake.
Sorry, off my  soapbox now.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »

To me, his life was more tragic than his death. He appeared to have been a really psychologically messed up person, and I never saw any indication that he had a shred of reality in his mind. He lived his life as though he were part  child living in a fantasy, part woman-in-the-making, and part confused teenager.

The thing that makes me smile about him, though, is that when my boys were little farts, I bought them the Thriller  tape, and they would make me laugh trying to dance like MJ. It was a hoot. grin
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »

>>>>It seems when someone dies like that my thoughts immediately go to the kids.<<<<

Me. too, but not his. Rather, all the kids he is thought to have molested. I don't have much sympathy for an accused pedophile, whether convicted or not, especially when they were accused numerous times and spent millions keeping from being convicted.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »

I won't argue with you there iddee.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »

I find the life of any famous celebrity sad.  So focused on money and fame that they can't truly enjoy the happiness of a quiet simple life lived for God and for family.

When the money and fame fades, and it always does, they are left with nothing.

I'm appalled by any family who bleep their children out to the entertainment industry for money and fame.

That is where I agree...his life was so sad.

Rick

Rick
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »

His mother wants the kids, but it's said he wanted the nanny to take them - and I can imagine why.  He didn't have a good time with his father, and I believe the parents are still married, so why would he want his kids exposed to being raised by the man who he felt ruined his childhood?  I feel so badly for those kids, I hope they end up in a good place, and not with people who are mainly concerned with the almighty buck.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
hongsi
New Bee

jook fung

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:37:42 AM »

To me, his life was more tragic than his death. He appeared to have been a really psychologically messed up person, and I never saw any indication that he had a shred of reality in his mind. He lived his life as though he were part  child living in a fantasy, part woman-in-the-making, and part confused teenager.

Amen

There will be a time when the old shall be new again  ovid
adgjoan
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »

I just got this from my sista.

Did you hear what Michael Jackson said to the paramedics yesterday?

'Take me to Children's Hospital'

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »

I guess I will have to quit going to the on line news page for the next few weeks. I am already sick of seeing headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cheryl
House Bee

top bar beekeeper

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »

I guess I will have to quit going to the on line news page for the next few weeks. I am already sick of seeing headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline after headline.
That is how I felt during the OJ trials.

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

I'm only a few days older than Michael Jackson, it surely does seem the older we get the younger people die. Stardom and all its twists lead to his short life, from a maniacal profectionist father, to behaviour no matter how innocent or guilty was always questionable, he followed the foot steps of so many others which lead to a life of prescription drugs used to just get through one day to the next.

We've all seen him grow from a cute and short talented black boy, to a disfigured and demented looking tall white woman in the mugshot that shocked the world. How does this happen and how lonely a person he must have been having never found happiness.

I always thought he was one of the most amazing performers ever, having dazzled fans of all ages for decades. His ability to mock the media in his man in the middle video, spoofing all the Enquirer like stories about him was a brilliant yet seemingly biographical look into his own life. He just wanted to live in a happy world where giraffes could fly and dolphins could roller-blade, when you are a billionaire at one or more points in your life, surely those weren't too much to want out of life.

In the world of infamous celebrities who people thought got away with murder, both literally and figuratively, I always thought the most surrealistic was Robert Blake "Gee honey, I left my gun at the restraunt, sit here in this dark alley with your window down, I'll be back shortly!" you just can't make some of this stuff up.

And to think it took his role in stealing memerabilia to finally put that smurky murderer OJ Simpson away, hopefully for life. I would (to this day) pay $29.95 a month to watch a live cam of him rotting away in jail.

Jackson had a way to make any parent shiver when talking about children, and anyone in their right mind should have to sign a disclaimer before letting their kids have a sleep over with Michael - instead they used it as an opertunity to get rich, one scam settled over $20 million and the others that followed seemed to be selling their kid's innocense for a payday too.

I found Macally Culkin (sic) to be a creepy kid from the start, the description of him and Michael given by a butler who delivered french fries to the game room where the two played at pinball machine was chilling, but so plausable that it over-rode the butler's part in a class action lawsuit against Jackson by most of his staff members - all of which the defense lawyers discredited quickly as gravy train robbing liars - no matter what truth they may have told, once discredited most juries have to err on the side of the defenant.

So he is gone, someday the truth of all his stories may come out, we may know how simple minded, harmless, yet savantly talented he was or how deranged a human Michael Jackson really was. Either way, I will never know a more beautiful song than the Jackson Five singing "I saw Mamma kissin' Santa Claus" and so many other song that followed that few people will ever equal his status as a great performer.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next