I think my hive failed from a combiantion of mistakes on my part and possibly mites. Just before it collapsed entirely, I noticed several bees on the ground in front of the hive hanging on grass. They were unable to fly with missing or disjointed wings. I had an invasion of carpenter ants that I attributed the messed up wings to. I don't think they had nosema, as there were no tell-tale poop smears in or around the hive. I inspected a fresh-dead bee with a magnifying glass and didn't see any varoa mites. I have a wild hive I recently cut out of a tree that I would like to put the frames into, but don't know if I should or how to disinfect them. A couple of them had moth and/or SHB larvae in them so I put them in the freezer for a couple of days.