Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 06:21:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: harry potter  (Read 1094 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »

not a tv show, but....

my youngest took me to see the new harry potter movie last night.  it was his last night home, so i was honored (surprised) that he wanted to spend his last evening with mom!  the movie was good.  i have enjoyed all of them and have read all the books.  this movie, as the others have, follows the book well.  the only drawback is that there are bits that are left out.  if you have not read the books, you need to read them in addition to seeing the movies.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:37:23 AM »

Just watched this one too Kathy (although not in a crowded theater - Smiley ) and I was quite disappointed after the last one in particular, which was pure eye candy and story telling. The reason I listen to Harry potter Audio books it is invisions the brilliant writting in my mind, and then see it play out on screen - this one was sadly missing the latter part.

I don't think I saw 15 minutes of CGI graphics, more puppetry and green screening than anything and the whole, this one loves that one, this one has a love potion stuff turned this into a pretty boring event. It had a few sad moments, but go back one show, watch that one and then compare - what a difference directing can make.

I honestly wished I liked it more. BTW, No way is Snake a bad guy - he may not be lovable (kind of like having hermit crabs for pets) but he obviously saved Dumbledorf from even worse fates - and of course, anything can happen in movies. Especially Dr.  Who, where you are only as dead as WHEN you are, not where!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »

to the extent that a very detailed book can be condensed into a 2 1/2 hour movie, i thought they did it pretty well.  remember how very detailed the last couple of books are.  that's why i'm glad they are splitting the last book into two movies.

i liked it better than a couple of the earlier ones.  # 3 in particular, didn't do much for me....but again, much was left out of the movie that was in the book.

anyway, i look forward to seeing how they handle the last one.  it has some pretty dark moments.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next