Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 02:56:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bridge family reunion or How I ended up in New Jersey  (Read 3388 times)
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« on: June 23, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »

Hi All,

I am actually off work for about two weeks. I am taking a vacation. I know it's hard to believe. I decided to join my wife on a family reunion trip. Her family rents a place in Seaside Park NJ. . Which is a nice area. Now my wife's side of the family is with british ancestry with some strong religious convictions. I have no idea why my wife thought it would be a good idea to bring the devil(that's me) into their midsts.

So here I am with a bunch of family members that are comparing bible passages and planning their bike trip to the park. Now of course consideration is supposed to be paid and patience is a virtue(which I  lack). So while everyone is taking 3 hours to put air in their tires. I left and went on a bike tour of one. That also means the wife got left behind. As I pedal through Island State Park stop and photograph Osprey and turtles. I still get to the end of the trail well ahead of everyone else.

When my wife and the rest arrive they asked when I left I said as soon as you all started praying to remove satan from your midsts. My wife has looks that could kill. It was so worth it.

Now the glimmer of hope is that all these brit backers are marrying outside their bloodline probably to prevent the hemophilia that afflicted those that didn't. So here I am a good Irish man with a few others and I look around at the dullness and say you know what we need to introduce this group to frozen margaritas. We will start with the kids.

Now for the most part I have kept my mouth shut because I do like my wife and don't need a family war. But it is tough. However frozen margaritas start coming out if the kitchen and the brits eyebrows freeze near the top of their heads as the Irish start throwing a right good party, including the kids. Now my wife can't resist the frozen margarita so now the converts to the church of brendhan are coming in from her side of the family.

Also there is a lot of healthy eating going on here. My body is not adjusting well to it. I am going to have to make french toast loaded with syrup and some chocolate milk to drink. If see one more piece of dried fruit I am going vomit. Haven't these people ever heard of twinkies?

Well I have a few more days of family obligations at the end of which I am hopefully going to baptize the rest of the family in tequila . After that I am going to see if I can visit some of the beemaster members in Jersey. John I am looking at you when I say that.

I have some family in New York I also must see because I haven't seen them in a while So I have no plan or clue how the schedule will work but it will do something.

I told my wife I am going to bring her to one of my family reunions where as soon as she walks in the door she has a drink in her hand as would happen with any good Irish family.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »

I just have one simple question. Have you worn your excorcist shirt that says "Got Jesus?" yet?

If that doesn't drive her family to drink, nothing will!

Happy times, happy times.

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:54:33 PM »

Brendhan, wow, the devil himself, never would have guessed it, smiling and a big  cool.  Hope you have a great time away and get to see some of our forum friends, that would be your lucky day.  Have a most wonderful day, to love and enjoy, share, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »

I just have one simple question. Have you worn your excorcist shirt that says "Got Jesus?" yet?

If that doesn't drive her family to drink, nothing will!

Happy times, happy times.

...JP Wink

I plan on wearing it tomorrow if the wife doesn't kick me in the shins to many times

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »

If you wear the shirt be prepared to get dunked in the nearest body of water, as you should be. That shirt is just hideous! You have to admit!

...JP Wink

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:43:59 PM »

If you wear the shirt be prepared to get dunked in the nearest body of water, as you should be. That shirt is just hideous! You have to admit!

...JP Wink
What is hideous is the brainwashing by the apologetics.

My wife has told me I better not wear the shirt. She may actually be serious too.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 12:06:36 AM »

Wear the shirt! Its hideous but funny, in a sick sort of way.

...JP grin

and

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »

Apparently they have made a family bike ride reunion shirt which everyone is suppose to wear today. So we all match. I want to throw up.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 09:39:54 AM »

What if you wore your shirt underneath and early in the ride take their's off? evil

Can you imagine the look on their faces? Instant dunk! grin

...JP

and

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 09:42:36 AM »

Brendhan, well bust ma britches!!!  I remember the dynamics between you and Janel when you visited Ken and I, I think that you better wear the biker t-shirt, smiling and a big hee, hee, just kidding.  I'm thinkin' that that gal could kiss yor' a__, around that corner, a good couple of times....Janel will surely understand when you are the only one with the devil t-shirt on, smiling.  Let us know how it goes, smiling again, seem to be doing alot of smiling this morning, thinking about you and that clan.  Enjoy this day.  And have a great and most wonderful life and health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »

Brendhan:

I just started following this post NOW - you are only 12 miles from me, if you are still around I'm home any night EXCEPT TONIGHT all week long, Saturday is RACE NIGHT at our local WALLSTATIUM 1/3rd mile 30 degree banked asphalt track - hoping to get Chris here for that one.

Tonight I have boiler school until late, but Thursday through the weekend I'm here, all day on the weekend (leaving for the race track Saturday around 5:30) it is a 25 minute ride TOPS. You can bring beer in cans Smiley oh and food too - lol

PM me for a phone number if you can make it, it would be great to see you again. If I miss you, anytime you are in the area, please stop. I'm sure though it is rare you would be 10 minutes away though, you just take Rt37 West and I'm before Lakehurst, easy drive for sure.

If you can give me notice, you and the wife can come for dinner Thurs or Friday, let me know how long you are around - if all next week too then there is no reason we can't get together!!

P.S. I watched your school lecture videos, very well done - you packed a ton of great info in such a short time, very inspiring to anyone who hasn't lectured, Someday (now that they are relatively cheap) I'm getting a digital projector, lordy I can remember them costing $4000 not that many years ago, it is amazing the quality of those things. Just thought I'd say, great job!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
charmd2
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »

Brendhan, I think we're related.  At least I'm related to your wife's family.   All of my family is that way.   Sorry you are having to go through it.  But think of all that the wife owes you for if you behave. tee hee.. 

Charla Hinkle
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »

tweaking the kin is unwise!!   evil

in my husbands family all are tree hugging libs.  our family events are....eventful!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »

Well due to weather the bike ride for today was scrubbed. So I went to the lighthouse and climbbed that. Wore the family t shirt. Tomorrow I get to wear mine.  

John ,  I will pm you later I should run by your place tomorrow if possible if not I have run up to ny and I will catch you on the way back.

I am scoring a lot of points with the wife for doing ythis and behaving myself. Debt with intrest will be paid. I have this cute little french maid number she will be wearing just to start with.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

tweaking the kin is unwise!!   evil

in my husbands family all are tree hugging libs.  our family events are....eventful!

At least yours are eventful. I think paint drying would be more exciting.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Understudy
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »

I couldn't read the sign so I got real close till I could.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »

pay back for tweaking the family  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »

Omg, that was one of the funniest things I've read in quite some time. grin
I have one of those families myself (I'm the black sheep Wink), and poor DH can't take my family in large doses, although they are all extremely nice, as is my husband.

I agree- we all need a twinkie now and then. Have you ever tried a deep-fried twinkie? We made some at a party a couple of weeks ago and they were quite a hit.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 07:50:59 PM »

We have a friend who likes to tweak people, and he will occasionally wear his T-shirt that has a picture of Stone Henge and says below it:

gimme that old time religion.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »

Tomorrow's out Bredhan, I work from 7am to 3pm, off Sat. and Sun. only. Evenings are fine if you want to have dinner somewhere before you leave or an evening dinner/visit here, days during the week are tough for us both.

Just got home from boiler school - passed both sample tests with good scores, I just need to keep working on my formulas, some of the math is killer - stuff a boiler esigner should know, but an operator will never use. Thanks State of NJ - double UGH!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next