After doing the cutout on Saturday using both frames with wires as I described earlier and frames with just rubber bands, I think the rubber bands is the way to go.
Here are the reasons.
1. The wire is slippery when using gloves covered in honey.
2. The wire frames take too long to make for me.
3. I did not find that the wire frames held the comb any better than rubber bands since the comb is thinner than the frames anyway. Maybe this is not the case with the swarm catch frames since they have about an 1/8 of an inch removed from being split.
4. If you have a table or piece of cardboard to work on, laying the frame and comb on the table an sliding the rubberbands under and over the comb/frame was actually faster than my style of frames with wire.
5. Frames with no foundation is much easier on to just have laying around than keeping a set of wired frames. For my small operation, having 10 to 20 frames just laying around that can't be used for anything else without undoing the work already done, is not really a wise use of my resources.
The day after doing the cutout, I had to go back to the hive and drill holes through the frames and put long finish nails through the holes and into the comb since some of it (mostly the comb that I did not cut to size just right) was sagging or would likely create messed up comb later.
Putting holes in the frames and using nails to hold it in the center worked fairly well. This might be a good solution in some cases to hold the comb straight in the frame without much prep work involved.
Here is a link to the cutout pictures and videohttp://blog.moorehoneybees.com/