Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: coming to a homeschool near you  (Read 780 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
coming to a homeschool near you
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
http://www.hslda.org/docs/news/200906161.asp

last i checked, we had not yet signed on to this, but i can see no reason why this admin would not.

the goal  is to concentrate all power in the hands of the governments.  it is the goal of the UN and the goal of this government.  whenever you wonder how and why a thing is happening, look at who ends up with the power.  all proposed and enacted changes are concentrating power at the federal level, and in cases like this, at the international level.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
Re: coming to a homeschool near you
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
I have several friends who have home-schooled their children, and by and large, their children excel once they go on to college and into the workforce.
Being that home-schooling is very successful (from what I can see), it would not in the least bit surprise me for our own congress to sign onto this idea. For God's sake, we can't have anyone rising to the top these days. ;)  We should all be happy to be equally below average and lost in the wilderness.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »
they can't control the message when kids are home schooled.
One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn it from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets ? anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered. (1.8.85)

George Orwell  "1984"

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »
they can't control the message when kids are home schooled.

Exactly. That's what they see as the problem. :(

anything