Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 25, 2014, 11:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coming to a homeschool near you  (Read 631 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 17, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »

http://www.hslda.org/docs/news/200906161.asp

last i checked, we had not yet signed on to this, but i can see no reason why this admin would not.

the goal  is to concentrate all power in the hands of the governments.  it is the goal of the UN and the goal of this government.  whenever you wonder how and why a thing is happening, look at who ends up with the power.  all proposed and enacted changes are concentrating power at the federal level, and in cases like this, at the international level.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:20:09 PM »

I have several friends who have home-schooled their children, and by and large, their children excel once they go on to college and into the workforce.
Being that home-schooling is very successful (from what I can see), it would not in the least bit surprise me for our own congress to sign onto this idea. For God's sake, we can't have anyone rising to the top these days. Wink  We should all be happy to be equally below average and lost in the wilderness.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

they can't control the message when kids are home schooled.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »

they can't control the message when kids are home schooled.

Exactly. That's what they see as the problem. Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next