Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 07:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your blood pressure  (Read 1492 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: June 17, 2009, 08:59:53 AM »

Been having a bad week so I thought I would check my blood pressure and it was 200 over 101 this morning  Sad so what is yours ?

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:09:50 AM »

Hope you get to feeling better and let those things that are making your blood pressure rise just roll off of your back. Better days in front of you, now go play with your bees and relax grin

G3

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »

Once mine was so high I thought I was going to pop a vein before I got to the Dr. And I was already on medication for it. Now I take one pill in the morning and the same pill plus another at night.

Sometimes in the mourning, around 10am. My pressure is so low not enough blood gets to the brain. I feel so sleepy and run down.

a couple days ago it was 90/46  Heart rate 48 I was walking on clouds for a bit.

My dad died at age 46 from a stroke, so I don't mess around when it starts reading high. I get with my Doc.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »

irwin, that's way to high.  take it again a few times, at different times of the day.  if it remains high, get to the doc.  it's nothing to mess with and you'll be amazed at how much better you feel when you get it down.

hope things get better.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »

Mine is usually around 100/64, but when I went to the doctor's last week it was 120/84 - definitely high for me.  That's because I had a fever of 102° and a rip-roaring case of the shingles!!  I hope it's down now.  Go back for a recheck on Friday.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »

When I'm not stressed, usually around 110/60. When I'm stressed, around 140/80-something.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

You guys' bottom numbers are awfully low. I feel light headed when my numbers are below 113/75 and right now after meds I am at 95/58

But my bottom number gets down in the 50's a lot.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »

You guys' bottom numbers are awfully low. I feel light headed when my numbers are below 113/75 and right now after meds I am at 95/58

But my bottom number gets down in the 50's a lot.

Now you know why they call some of us dizzy blondes. Wink
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

120/75
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »

Mine is usually around 100/64, but when I went to the doctor's last week it was 120/84 - definitely high for me.  That's because I had a fever of 102° and a rip-roaring case of the shingles!!  I hope it's down now.  Go back for a recheck on Friday.

OH my gosh you were so sick you poor gal.  I heard that is so, so painful.  How are you doing now?
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

OH my gosh you were so sick you poor gal.  I heard that is so, so painful.  How are you doing now?

Oh my dear Ann, I know that pain, and I hope that you are feeling so much better.  I don't think that there is anything more painful than shingles....been there done that....pain, pain, pain.  I want to tell you why I know that hideous pain, I have an agenda for telling my tale. 

After I had that rotator cuff surgery a couple of years ago, a few months afterward, I got the shingles.  The band of nerves that were affected were from behind that shoulder, near the spine, all the way beneath my arm and almost to my chest.  That is why such pain, because it affects "bands" of nerves.   I remember even taking tylenol 3, that didn't even begin to touch that pain.  Dear girl, take care, I am hoping to my lucky stars that your pain was taken care of, any way that you can, and that it is gone.....

I got them because of that weakened immune system after the surgery.  What happened to you to cause your immune system to be very very low to have contracted this dreadful shingles?  Elaborate Ann, I would really like to know, pleeeeeeze.  I have heard that shingles can recur, good grief......how could that be.  Have you ever had them prior to this attack?  You and Greg have had your hands full with malades, keep that chin up.  Have a great and wonderful day, free of pain, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »

I had never had a bad reading until a few months ago when I started getting in the 140/90 range and the last few trips was scared to see 188/100 and the doctor put me on a slow acting (three week threshold to maximum effect) pill called Sular and it is coming down.

I blame this on a lot of things, my weight has climbed steadily since my auto accident last Summer due to lack of exercise and then all the new meds diddle with your vessle pressures and it is written on half the stuff as High BP as a side effect. Stinks getting older and having nearly a dozen things a day to take.

So I started a pretty stringent exercise program at lunch time at work, 10 miles minimum a day on a bicycle, and on our miltary base prevailing winds are a killer, so I'm getting lots of cardio now. I know the weight will drop, but more importantly, the cardio will build up some stamina which I truly need.

Just a rule of thumb, but typically you should have a difference between the top number and bottom number of 50. The top number is when your heart squeezes and the bottom when it rests, the 50 point difference really is a good thing to keep in mind when sticking your arm in those BP machines at the drugstore. Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

Rather than hijack this thread I'll start another one.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

. Stinks getting older and having nearly a dozen things a day to take.

I don't have to take anything, but I agree it stinks getting older. I have aches and pains in places I never knew you could hurt. Wink
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42:30 PM »

I'm not sure what my ambient blood pressure is because: try this.
go to a pharmacy of your choice with the free BP test.
test 1. think bad thoughts; stuff exploding, fighting, anything that gets you riled. - this should result in a bad blood pressure reading - too high. Wait a few minutes (like 5) - think of absolutely anything that makes you calm - anything - just as long as it truly makes you calm.
test 2. continue to focus on calming thoughts while the BP test is running.
result - you should notice a slight to significant difference toward a lower blood pressure. (I suspect that even if your BP is clinically high you should notice a difference) I'm not saying this should enable you to stop BP meds if you're clinically required; but I'm willing to bet you'll see a marked difference.

(I showed my mom once for fun and to prove it could be done. - she was, to my perplexity, quite surprised.)

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:42 AM »

You can keep the same thoughts and retest with in minutes and you will get a different reading.

My dad had high BP. Got on meds. BP went down, as it should, so he stopped taking the meds. And died of a stroke. Hugh blood pressure is not something to mess around with.

Jerry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next