Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:15:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: going back to alaska  (Read 3399 times)
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« on: June 14, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »

i though i had started a thread on her but i cant find it so thought i'd aught to mention that i'm going back to alaska, my daughter is meeting me at the anchorage airport the evening of the 25th.  hoping to be able to make some money there since i'm going broke here.

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »

Well, I hope it all works out for you and you fatten your wallet a bit.  Many of us are going broke around here lately  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »

So you will be reuniting with your daughter, that's terrific! Best of luck on making lots of moolah!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

i though i had started a thread on her but i cant find it so thought i'd aught to mention that i'm going back to alaska, my daughter is meeting me at the anchorage airport the evening of the 25th.  hoping to be able to make some money there since i'm going broke here.

I feel your pain and wish the best for you. If I were not so deeply rooted, I might consider moving myself. I don't know where, but sometimes a change move is good.

I can't believe I said that.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »

Sending good thoughts your way. Its tough all over and you gotta do what you gotta do.
Here is hoping a new start for you. Smiley
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »

1frozenhillbilly, wow, a move to the country and now to Alaska.   I am sure that your Daughter will be thrilled to have her Father reunited with her.  How long were you in the southern U.S.?  Do you know what you will be up to when you move there?  I wonder if you will try to keep some bees, elaborate for us a little bit, I am sure that we all would love to hear more.  If you cannot get internet service to speak to us, good luck.  I know you will be in touch once you get up to the Great White North.  Have that most wonderful day, to love and live, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

Good luck, Alaska is so pretty.  I'm sure things will turn for the better.

David
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »

what kinda work is going on in Alaska? wish you luck!!

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »

cindi i've been in colorado for 4 years,  it will be good to be home again,  may be house sitting for my cousin in homer while he is in bristol bay this summer

twt i'm going to try to make my way mining up there,  will be researching some claim areas as soon as i can get to the blm office in anchorage.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »

1frozenhillbilly.  Yes, you will love to be back home.  So nice that you may have a chance to housesit for that Cousin, good.  I don't know why some things stick in my head, but it seems to me that when I firstly joined the forum, you may have lived in Alaska at that point in time, hope I am not mixing it up with another forum friend, but I think my memory serves me right.  When did you move from Alaska?  I always like to know things, and I would love to know this thing, smiling.  Good luck.  I know that Alaska is very beautiful, especially in the short summers.  Beauty.  Have that great and most wonderful day, loving this great life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »

that was me cindi,  i moved down here just b4 christmas of 05.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

1frozenhillbilly.  Good, my memory serves me right.  I joined our forum in the fall of 2005.  Beautiful days, love and live them, as there narry was a tomorrow.  Health.  CIndi

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »

well step one complete.  plane trip wasn't too bad even with a 3 hour layover in seattle.  i'll hafta update my profile and post my new location.   now to find that gold mine and make some money!

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »

Glad you made it there safely. Good luck with everything!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:44 PM »

When you get settled, please post some pictures of your mine and the surrounding country side. I hope to vacation in Alaska one day. If it is any thing like western Canada, I may want to stay.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »

asprince  be careful about that,  i know a guy who came here on a 2 week vacation 35 years ago   Wink  as soon as i can replace my camera i will get some pics up.  if you ever get to the kenai peninsula pm me and we'll go run a pan or catch a fish or something.

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »

well i been here over a week,  i found about $6.00 worth of gold  things should pick up next week,  brother will be back from vacation,   i been stuck out in anchor point with no wheels and hitch-hiking to get around Undecided  always an adventure grin

asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »

Good luck!

I hope you find a nugget the size of a basketball!

Steve

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

i hope so too asprince but i need a handful of smaller ones so i can get a truck first tongue

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

Hey Hillbilly!
 can you post any pics of you mining?
Id like to see what the place looks like! I used to live in Fairbanks. And, some years back, I friend of mine inherited a few hundred acres of land near Homer...It was hours away out in the sticks and there was nothing but tundra and water.Good luck on findin a "Chunk"!

your friend,
john

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next