Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 11:28:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i have to admit  (Read 1438 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 12, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html

that i am getting a kind of perverse pleasure out of watching this.

a little forced relocation anyone??

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 06:49:35 PM »

Wow! You could have knocked me over with a feather while I was reading that. It's the first I've heard about this. huh
jimmy
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »

I believe the gov. wants us to think the worst is over . Wish I could be that optimistic about our crisis at hand with the auto industry.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »

the auto industry will be like Amtrak.  over priced and propped up by the taxpayer.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »

I have always felt that Lubbock, TX. needed to tear out a lot of the old abandoned sectuons of town and rebuild there instead of spreading out into the farm lands and annexing every square inch they can. The city wants the tax dollars from everyone in the county I think. But the little town of Wolfforth has said "NO WAY EVER". City limit signs are back to back.

And the housing financial problems  I dunno  I hust saw a couple hundred more acres freshly cleared and started building houses on it. All this recession still hasn't gotten here. Are you sure it's out there?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

if a town wants to clean up, that's fine.  if the feds want to clean up your town, it's not so fine.  what business is it of the feds if part of your town is falling down?

shades of Stalin and his forced relocation....or Pol Pot...or.....

all we are missing is re-education camps and forced industrial labor.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bodo
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »

If towns want to take money from the govt to do this, I can't say I've got a huge problem with it.  Aside from wasting tax dollars.

If the Fed wants to dictate that these areas be cleared then I have a problem.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:13:41 PM »

If towns want to take money from the govt to do this, I can't say I've got a huge problem with it.  Aside from wasting tax dollars.

The problem that I see with taking govt money, is that federal dollars usually have long sticky strings attached to them. They give you enough money to get the ball rolling, then it's your baby to pay for, and this entails doing it the way the feds want you to.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »

And if they are going to ask the Fed directly for money to bail them out then I guess the Fed Gov feels they have a right to tell them where to cut expenses.

Mayors say cities need direct economic help
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090615/pl_nm/us_economy_mayors

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »

Check it out - the same site reports on UFO sitings.  That's some reliable journalism there.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »

depends on whether you believe in UFOs.  nick pope does.

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

Check it out - the same site reports on UFO sitings.  That's some reliable journalism there.

I wouldn't call reporting what someone said they saw unreliable. I would call it reporting. UFO sitings are nothing new in England, and in much of the world, especially in Russia, they are fairly commonplace. Even Good Morning America ran the syory on the UFO siting in Stephenville, Texas, back in Jan of '08.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »

plenty of sightings in the us all the time.  most are nothing, but there are a few every year that are unidentified...thus the UFO label.  UFO sightings have been going on since before airplanes were flying. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »

Looked like a C-130

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. Everybody reports on those things.

Jerry

David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »

Looked like a C-130

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. Everybody reports on those things.

I know.  I was just chain rattling.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next