Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 08:43:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: and the excuse for the tax increase will be.....  (Read 974 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 12, 2009, 05:14:58 PM »

congress did it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aqLNecbH0dcg

i need to go take that yoga class so that i can hold the position for an indefinite period of time.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

It must be crafted so everyone continues to get rich on the backs of the taxpayers.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
jimmy
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

Forgive me for looking down on some folks .But in my world growing up if you didn't work you didn't eat. I realize there are some who are not able to work and have health care as part of their income.Thats what Medicade and Medicare is about. Don't misunderstand me I do care about my fellow humans however if they are slothful and don't try to help themselves ,should the burden of feeding them and giving free medical care with extra taxes , be my resposibility?  Just asking here folks, don't take off on me like a rocket until you have your thoughts together, Thanks.
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »

and the excuse for the tax increase will be.....

for the common good. Wink
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

,should the burden of feeding them and giving free medical care with extra taxes , be my resposibility?

no.

we have the responsibility to care for those who can not care for themselves.  beyond that, people need to be responsible for themselves.  

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
dragonfly
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

I realize there are some who are not able to work and have health care as part of their income.Thats what Medicade and Medicare is about. Don't misunderstand me I do care about my fellow humans however if they are slothful and don't try to help themselves ,should the burden of feeding them and giving free medical care with extra taxes , be my resposibility? 

Believe me when I say you are right on the money. I've worked in the health care industry for almost 30 years. Your eyes would pop and your brain might explode if you knew how many are soaking the system with BS.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »

Doesn't this part make ya wonder about the coverup of the cost:

“We have a problem in not wanting to attract enough negative attention to the bill in terms of the pay-fors,” he said. “Let them get a good feel for the coverage.”
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 02:31:30 AM »

Forgive me for looking down on some folks .But in my world growing up if you didn't work you didn't eat. I realize there are some who are not able to work and have health care as part of their income.Thats what Medicade and Medicare is about. Don't misunderstand me I do care about my fellow humans however if they are slothful and don't try to help themselves ,should the burden of feeding them and giving free medical care with extra taxes , be my resposibility?   Just asking here folks, don't take off on me like a rocket until you have your thoughts together, Thanks.

In the days before FDR and the "Great Depression" the welfare or burden of feeding and providing help to others was done through the charity of arms of the various churchs within a community.  It should still be that way.  Trouble is that the welfare programs started during or a result of the "Great Depression" has created a class of social dependant people that is so vast that it is hard , if not imposible, for the local churchs and food banks to keep pace.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »

lots of doctors also gave time and care for free. many no longer do that  because of the liability issues.  my husband is covered by his group, but would not be covered in a free clinic.  charity hospitals are pretty much gone and one big reason is the malpractice insurance.  also the liability they face if they don't provide the latest, greatest, of everything and a patient sues.  families no longer take care of their own.  why should they bother if the government will do it?  nutty uncle Joe goes to a "facility" and old aunt Jane goes to a nursing home....all paid for by medicare or medical.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next